Ambushed

In the following weeks Chase and I weren't really talking, which was strange considering we were housemates. I don't know if it was because we slept together again or if it was the fact that he told me he was seeing someone after we slept together, better yet it could be perhaps that he told me he liked me. Either way, I think we both wanted to forget about it all and move on.

Seriously, what sort of a future could we have together? He was still Declans friend & we both had baggage that couldn't be ignored even if we tried.

"Amelia?" Aaron, my boss snapped me out of my thoughts. "Welcome back to the land of the living." He smirked. "Sorry." I mumbled. "What were you saying?" I asked him. "Mr. Smith would like you to be in the meeting as well." Aaron said. "Me? Why me? I don't have any business in the meeting. I'm just your secretary."

"I think he has a little crush on you." Aaron shrugged. One of the top 5 richest men in the country has a little crush on me? I accidently let out a small laugh. "I don't see how thats funny." Aaron looked at me with a serious facial expression. "I'm sorry, but clearly he doesn't know me. That is what is funny. I don't see how he could have a crush on me." I smirked.

"Anyway, the meeting is at 2pm in the conference room 5. You may go now." He declared urging me to leave. "Yes Sir." I got out of the chair and headed for the wooden double doors. "Amelia, you better be in that meeting. Mr. Smith's business is what keeps this place running." Aaron said before I exited his office.

I walked back to my office with a very large espresso in hand. "Amelia!" Mia called out to me. I stopped, rolled my eyes and sighed at the same time before turning to mia. "Yeah?" I put on my happy face. "I was just wondering if you could look over my work and see if its up to standards, please?" She asked in the most annoying mousy voice. "Sure, just send it over." I smiled. "Thank you!" She said cheerfully.

Great not only do I have my work load, I now have hers too. Sometimes I wish I could just say fuck it and throw my papers everywhere. I finally made it back to my office without anyone else managing to grav my attention. I walk in and sit at my desk.

Bing

I look at my computer, Mia sent through the documents she wanted me to look over. I opened the file and read through it. Half way through I just wanted to throw my computer out of the window. This girl really knows nothing at all.

"Take a deep breath, Amelia." I said to myself over and over again. Breathe in and out, in and out. After a moment I picked up my phone and dialled through to Mia. "This is Mia." She answered. "Come to my office, please." I said before hanging up.

Moments later Mia walked through the door. "You read over it?" She asked eagerly. "I read half of it." I stated. "Oh, is there anything wrong?" She asked. "Mia, sit down." I said with my hand out indicating which chair to sit in. I turned to face my computer to her. "See this?" I asked as I highlighted a paragraph. "Yes?" She looked at me quizically. "Get rid of it. It's unnecessary." I looked at her. "This bit, change the wording to say 'In conclusion as the facts have stated it would be a necessary requirement of all personell to partake within the Health & Safety seminar.' What you have written there is an informal response, it needs to be in a formal setting." I suggested. "Oh, uhm. Yeah, okay. I'll do that." Mia smiled cluelessly. "Okay, you may go." I nodded.

Once Mia left, I buckled down to complete my own work. Time was flying and so were my fingers on the keyboard. I do not want to bring my work home with me. It was the last thing I wanted to do.

Before I knew it, it was 2pm. I was running late to a meeting I had no business being in. I quickly rushed into the conference room to see Mr. Smith sitting there alone. "Mr. Smith, its great to see you again." I smiled and held out my hand for him to shake.