Chapter One~

I stare into my mirror, twisting and turning trying to see if the outfit I have one revealed too much of my fat. My sweater was a little short. In fact all of my clothes were a little.. tighter. My mother, right before summer started up last year, became angry that I still wore baggy unfashionable clothes and threw them out and went out to buy me a whole new wardrobe.

My mother, Lynn Parker was more of a revolved character. She was into the whole crop tops and ripped jeans. therefore, she got me crops this, cropped that, and jeans far too tight and had holes in where they shouldn't. She thinks its cute. I think its humiliating. 

"Aleigha-Bleu! Come on and eat breakfast before you get ready to go to school!" My mother calls from downstairs. I sigh and throw my braids behind my back. I make a stop at my vanity and apply a layer of lip gloss before grabbing my backpack off my door hook. "Look who finally shows up." Mother says  as I come down the stairs. I flush lightly before a smile graces my lips. 

"Sorry Mama." I say as I kiss her on the cheek. She hmm's  and gestures for me to sit down at the table. I do and she begins to dish up my plate. She piles it too high in fact with eggs, bacon, grits, muffin, hash browns , and two hard boiled eggs before pouring a tall glass of orange juice in my cup. I begin to speak "M-Mom I don't-" She gives me her look. You know the one eyebrow raised, lips thinned, and wrinkle forming on your forehead. Yeah the black mother 'Girl You Better Hush' look. So like the little girl whose had way too many whopping from her Mom's slipper, I kept silent and began to peel one of the hard boiled eggs. 

"How's my Baby Girl today?" Dad says across the table, putting his newspaper down. I smile sweetly at him. "I'm was fine Daddy. A little nervous."

Mom scoffs from her place at the kitchen sink before turning around hands wet from the water. "I mean this is your last year of high school honey! Of course you'd be nervous. Hell, I'm nervous for you. How are you going to talk to boys now that everyone's paired up-" I sputter and my cheeks redden from embarrassment as Dad chokes on his coffee.

"Mom" I screech before standing. She giggles but turns to give Dad another piece of bacon. I sigh as Dad grabs Mom by the hips and begins to kiss her on the neck. Pretending to gag as they both laugh at my childishness I spin back around grabbing my book bag and my keys from the counter. I call out as I open the front door. "Bye!"

I get into my little Ford Focus and start my drive to school. My first day of Senior year. I wonder what life has in store for me.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter note***

Alright guys I'm here and I'm not queer lol... sorry I'm bad at jokes. But I decided to give writing another try. Trust me I know I'm not good at all but I want to do better. I would love some creative criticism you can drop a comment or dm me. Thanks