Chapter 2 - Before the ceremony

So of course as soon as we arrived home which was around 2 o'clock we started preparing.

I managed to sneak out to go visit my father and now I was standing outside of his office knocking at his door

"Come in" said a muffled voice from inside

I went inside and immediately went and hugged my dad,kissed his cheek and settled on that comfortable couch he has. Ah my butt is so comfy right now...

"Hey sweetheart how was your day" my father said and looked at me leaving temporarily the papers on his desk.

"It was fun, I found a really nice dress and I'll go to prepare later, how was your day?" I asked my father already guessing his answear.

He was really stressed as our pack was chosen this year to host the mating ceremony one of the most important events in the werewolf community as during only this time of the year which of course as you have already have guessed it has a full moon mates can truly bond with one another.

What I mean is that of course you'll sense your mate during the rest of the year also but you can only truly bond with him only during the mating ceremony which meant that if you met him sooner you can start making a relationship with him and wait for this time of the year to truly complete it.

A different pack hosts it each year and werewolf from 17 and older can attend it as there isn't any chance finding your mate in a younger age.

"I made the last few changes in security as many of the guards were unmated so they had to attend the ceremony the mated ones thankfully understand that there is no other option and agreed on patrolling tonight as we need to make sure everything is perfect tonight" he said obviously very stressed and he looked tired, having dark circles under his eyes showing that he didn't have much sleep.

"Do you want me to help somehow, I can do a few things before getting ready I have time I said as he obviously needed sleep and rest

"No don't worry sweetheart I have almost finished now go get ready this is an important night for you" he said while smiling softly at me

"Okay but don't stay here much longer go to sleep" I said and started making my way out of the room Lexi would kill me if I took much longer

He just smilled at that and continued his work. I went to my room where we would get ready and went to take a bath as Lexi wasn't here. Weird she must have gone to pick something from her room.

I took a quick shower and as I had guessed Lexi was here.

"I went to my bathroom to take a shower so we could take less time now chop chop I'll do your hair and your make up and you'll do mine let's start!" she said with a huge grin on her face

After I insisted on doing her hair and make up first I started working my magic. Truth is she probably didn't need much as Lexi was a natural beauty she had blonde hair that were the said of gold and beautiful green eyes that had boys swooning after her.

Jackson was also preety hot in case I forgot to mention ooops... Anyways he also had blonde hair with sea blue eyes.

I was the only one in our group that wasn't the personification of beauty I had dark brown hair with dark brown eyes nothing special but thankfully I had naturally tanned skin and I had that Mediterranean beauty as father used to say.

Yeah, I know we are in America and no I don't call the solarium Europe... I had inherited all this from my mother. My father told me she had the same characteristics as her I have only seen her in pictures as she passed away when I was only three years old.

I finished Lexi's make up, I had applied her a shadow in dark tonesadn did with a dark red lipstick which matched with her dress.

I had already done her hair which I straightened as I knew how much she liked it this way.

Then she did my hair which we dried and did some soft curls which we left hanging loosely on my shoulders and my make up she did a Smokey eye with some pale caramel coloured lipstick.

Truly we both looked stunning. We dressed and went to find Jackson who would probably be ready be now as it was 8 o'clock and the event would start in an hour.

We knocked on his door and went inside his room which was messy as always if it wasn't for Kathy the cleaner it would be in a much more horrible condition.

"Ladies! You're both absolutely breathtaking and the best is so get to escort both of you!" he said with a smile.

"Actually I promised Trent that I would go with him and wouldn't leave his sight unless I found my mate" said Lexi while sighing. Her brother Trent was very overprotective.

"Damn it! I thought we would all stay together tonight" I said with a sad smile they both knew I would stay hidden as I wasn't ready to find my mate tonight.

"Don't worry I'll stay with you in the shadows my preety little Dracula" Jackson said while laughing and I just hugged while he and Lexi continued laughing

"Yeah, yeah very funny shouldn't we get going now?" I said

"Yeah well I have to leave you guys have fun" she said and closed her eye towards me

I just rolled my eyes at that knowing what she meant. For some reason Lexi thought Jackson was going to be my mate but I think I would have noticed by now.

Truth to be told I don't want to find my mate at least not for a while. I haven't decided what I wanted to do and I saw how much my mother's death affected my dad it still does every time he talks about her his eyes hold such sadness.

She was killed in a rogue attack when she was trying to protect me. Thankfully I don't remember it as I was too young but from what my dad told me she hid me and faced the rogues herself and of course she couldn't take on three of them by herself but she fought bravely.

I don't want to be so dependant on a person because you never know what might happen and if something happens to either me or him the other one will have to suffer and I don't want that. So all I can do for now is hope that he won't be there or that he won't notice me....

So this is the second chapter! Hope you liked it if you did please vote,comment and share it really means a lot for me! So have a nice day/night 😙😙