Chapter 5 - A solution

When I woke up the next morning I felt much better.

I was ready to go and face my mate and clear the whole situation, I had already made my desicion and I hoped it was the right one...

I went to the bathroom and then got dressed, wanting to look nice I wore a deep green skirt that flared at the bottom an an off shoulder white blouse paired with a pair of white snickers.

After I finished making sure that I looked as better as I could I went downstairs. Most packs will probably in a few hours, why do I have a feeling that the Eclipse pack won't be one of them?

I went to the dinning room and sat next to Jackson near the top of the table as I was the Alphas daughter and Jackson was the about to be beta. Lexi was sitting across him as she was my father's beta daughter. Did I forgot to mention that? Oh well...

The other Alphas would come and seat near us taking my usual seat next to my dad who sat at the top of the table. They should start coming in a few minutes...
"Good morning Jackson, Good morning Lexi!" I said a little too cheerfully.They probably understood that I was faking it...

"Good morning Clary" Jackson said a little coldly while Lexi seemed a little confused as she wasn't there to see what happened yesterday.

"Jackson I am so sorry I left without explaining I just couldn't stay I had my reasons" I said while not looking him in the eyes.

"Yeah well I got worried about you I was worried you felt sick or something important had happened but you didn't bother telling me and you didn't even mind link me to tell me if you were okay or not" he said obviously still angry.

"I know, you are totally right and I feel really bad that I didn't, can you forgive me please" I said while looking him with puppy dog eyes

"Okay I forgive you just don't do it ever again, I was worried sick" he said

"Well I feel very left out right now..." Lexi muttered under her breath and we both laughed.

Jackson filled her in on what happened yesterday and made sure to be extra dramatic about it.

"Now you understand what happened? She left me there all alone I had no one to help me with the complete and utter boredom" he said while dramatically laying the back of his hand on his forehead.

"Yeah, you poor little baby" Lexi said mocking him while patting his head at which he scoffed and pouted.

"Now Clary tell us what happened" said Lexi while leaning on the table. Jackson also turned to look at me expecting to hear the reason I left him.

"Well I kind of met my mate?" I said trying to keep my voice down

"You What?! You lucky piece of shit" said Lexi yelling while people turned to look at us.

"Lexi keep it down a bit" I said

"Okay now fill us in, I want every little dirty detail" she said with a huge grin on her to face while Jackson scrunched his nose at that.

I told them everything that happened which really weren't that interesting. Lexi had a smile on her face during the whole time I was speaking and at some moments she awed while Jackson kept a straight face till I was done talking.

"Wow" Jackson said quietly " who expected you to be the first one to find your mate?" he said slightly smiling at that

"Yeah but you forgot to tell us who he is" Lexi said instantly noticing I didn't mention that part.

"Well you are going to see him soon so be patient" I said while smirking

"So that means his either an Alpha or a Beta of a pack" Jackson said while lifting his eyes from his plate and smiling as he caught me. Damn it!

"You'll see" I said and started filling my plate with food as I didn't manage to do that before with all the interrogation.

I started eating and after some time the Alphas came into the room alongside with their Betas. (And no they didn't plan a theatrical entrance they just had a meeting before so they all came when it ended)

That sweet scent of caramel mixed with apples. I looked up to see Aiden speaking to a tall man with brown hair and green eyes who I assumed was his beta.

After a few seconds he noticed me staring at him and smirked while I tried to hide blushed face.

He came and sat next to me eyeing Jackson with a weird look on his face.

"Good morning Clary. How did you sleep?" he said

"Good, you?" I said and looked at him. I swear he gets more handsome each time I see him...

"Good, your pack house is very beautiful and well preserved" he said with a small smile.

Our pack house was quite nice actually, it had that homey feeling that I wouldn't trade for nothing else.

"Umm would you want to have a tour around the pack's grounds later? If you don't have any other meetings or stuff like that." I said as I had to talk to him. He seemed shocked in the beginning probably not expecting this which was normal since I run from him last night.

"Yes that would be perfect actually would you want to go after breakfast?" he said with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah sure" I said and continued eating.

Lexi and Jackson looked stunned probably not expecting Alpha Aiden to be my mate. Hehe too bad.

After we had both finished breakfast I showed him the main parts of the pack house and then we went towards the forest.

There was a comfortable silence between she we were walking next to each other between the trees.

"So I also wanted to talk to you" I said and stopped walking

"I thought so" he said and looked at me

"I wanted to tell you that I am sorry that I run from you last night, I wasn't expecting to meet my mate and I panicked a little bit" I said feeling a little bit ashamed that I run from him

"Only a little bit?" he said teasingly with a smirk on his face. Again.

"Okay a lot but that's not the point" I said while rolling my eyes.

"And what's the point then ,love?" he said while walking closer to me

"Well the point is that I want to give us a shot" I said confidently and looked at him getting lost in his beautiful hazel eyes.

"I'm glad because if you didn't I would have to stay here and bothered you till you changed your mind" he said with a teasing smile "and I am very good at annoying people" he said and stepped closer leaving almost no space between us.

"I'm sure you are" I said teasing him back at which he laughed.

His eyes glazed for a little bit which meant someone was trying to communicate with him through the mind link.

"I'm sorry, I have to go we will talk about the details tomorrow my love" he said as he hugged me and kissed my forehead. I hugged him back and then he left. The feeling of the shocks on my forehead still there.

At least we are going to be finally able to find a solution.

Hey guys! I hope you liked the chapter if you did you know the drill🙂. I published 2 chapters as promised and I'm going to try to keep this rate of updates till the end of summer😁 So have a good day/night ❤