Go.

Lydia.

The club was packed today. There were people everywhere. I didn't bother mixing at all because I needed to focus on crowd control. I had to make sure that everything was running smoothly. With a crowd this size it only takes one fight to cause chaos.

Sam and Kelly were at the bar helping out the bartenders. I'm going to have to hire a few more. The crowds are too much for them and our stock has been running short.

Even though people had to wait longer for their drinks they remained calm. Usually after waiting too long they ended up acting out and I had to have one of my guys throw them out. There was something different about tonight. The overall atmosphere seems calmer than normal. Maybe it was just the music?

Throughout the night I kept smelling a faint perfume. It was sweet and light and I found it to be extremely appealing. If I knew the name of it I would buy it in bulk.

I listened to the music a bit while I helped out at the bar with Sam and Kelly. The DJ was missing some cues to mix in different songs so I walked up behind him and pointed out how I wanted it done. I also reminded him who wrote out his checks just to show him I was in fact his boss. I'm going to watch him for some time and make sure it's done correctly.

There's the perfume again. It's stronger now; almost like it's getting closer to me.

God it smells so good.

I heard a small voice behind me.

"Lydia, we have reached capacity. We can't let anyone else in." The hostess informed me as I watched the DJ.

"Let anyone that leaves know that they will have to wait on line and pay again to get back in this we can keep bringing people in."

The hostess nodded and left.

I felt my phone vibrating. Kelly sent me a text asking me to meet her in the office so we could discuss the club's liquor shortage. As I walked to my office, my mind ran through every possibility of how I could not have ordered enough alcohol. It could not have just disappeared.

When I opened the door she wasn't there so I sent her a text back. I waited for ten minutes before saying 'fuck it', let me handle this myself. I opened the door only to be met with Kelly. Kelly's eyes were narrow, her motions were rapid and I could sense that she was worried. She basically threw me back into the office and closed the door behind us.

"What the fuck Kelly?" She looked panicked, her eyes traced the room searching for something unknown to me.

"We can't talk here it isn't safe. We have to leave. Now." Kelly spoke franticly.

"Leave, why what's going on?" Before she could answer me Sam burst through the office door.

"Lydia, we can explain everything, just not here. Is your car in the back?" I stood up grabbed my phone from the desk and lead them out the back exit of the club to my suv. All while trying to comprehend what Sam had just said.

My wheels squealed as pulled away from the club and on to the street.

"Start talking, now." I was trying to remain calm enough to focus on the road but the vampire in me was screaming. I felt my eyes starting to burn and I blinked numerous times to restore their normal color. When I got like this everything slowed down. I could see everything, my senses heightened but my anger was uncontrollable.

"You don't have to hide it. Not around us." Sam spoke bluntly. "We know what you are Lydia. We know who you are. Our fathers were friends. They left us instructions to look after you."

Then Kelly chimed in.

"You have to understand, we didn't know if you knew what you were. We had to just observe unless you needed us."