Yes.

Lydia.

"You said yes?" Kelly asked as she stared. It was clear she was shocked about the news of me moving in. Sam sat there silently staring at me like a crazy person. Usually he was the one with the questions.

"Yes." I answered honestly.

They didn't say anything. The two were concentrating. It was clear they were discussing something together via their mind link.

"Hey, out loud please. Both of you."

"It's just sudden." Sam finally spoke. "What if you find out she's you're aunt or cousin. I'm just saying you should wait until we figure out what your lineage is."

"First of all she definitely isn't my aunt or my cousin. Never say that again or I'll throw up. I really do not care where I came from. All I know is how badly I want her. Not just sexually but spiritually as well. That's why I said yes. When I thought she was dead I felt like my world stopped. I'm in love with her."

"Well that's obvious Lydia but what about the elders? Aren't you guys pushing your luck?" Kelly interjected.

"Fuck them, I passed the trial."

"This is what you want?" Sam interrupted. His eyes were beaming at mine as his ignored Kelly's objections.

"Yes."

"You're sure?" Kelly added.

"More than anything."

"Then fuck it." He threw his hands up as he shrugged. "We're moving to California." Sam said as he smiled.

"We're?" I questioned giggling a little as his involvement.

"Yes we're. We are kind of a package deal you know." Sam chuckled.

Sam's enthusiasm had returned in full force. He babbled for what seemed like hours about dresses and beach weddings.

"Woah, not so fast," I laughed. "We're just agreeing to live together we haven't spoke about it anything else."

"You're a lesbian Lydia." Kelly joked. "Isn't this how it works. First you move in two weeks later you get married?"

Sam's tone was playful and serious. "A royal wedding is a very big deal and I expect to be a major factor in all of the details."

"Okay stop, I can't even think that far ahead." I cut off their jokes.

Sam rambled for an obnoxious amount of time while Kelly and I tried to remain as interested as possible. We sat in the kitchen and watched as workers prepared food and cleaned around us. It wasn't long before Jenna and Kaitlyn joined us.

"I guess we're roommates now." Jenna spoke softly as she gave me a small hug. Her tone seemed unclear. There was a small hint of disappointment in her voice. My eyes found Kaitlyn's.

She's just worried about the Elders.

"Are you?" Before I could stop myself and use our link the question shot out like word vomit.

"No, I want this more than I have ever wanted anything. There will always be pushback for our relationship. Nothing will be easy but, we have the support system we need. We have our friends and family. We have each other."

"What do we do next?"

"We will start with your heritage." Kaitlyn directed.

My eyes met hers and her queen facade faded a bit.

"Together." She added softly.

~~~~~

What comes next is unknown. Yes there will be backlash. Yes, some may protest. Some say love can conquer all while others say it can blind you. Regardless of their opinions I'm going to be with her. Regardless of the backlash I'm going to make sure I give her my everything. Sometime one person can change your outlook on the world. They can come into your life and change the way you look at the simplest things. Flowers are more beautiful and colorful and a couple holding hands can make you smile uncontrollably. There's more to our story. The best is yet to come.
__________________________

The end of book one.

Still editing so be kind.

Working on the second book feel free to comment.