Love Bites

Lydia.

"There are other ways Lydia. You could die." Kaitlyn tried to reason with me.

I didn't have a plan. Truthfully, I hadn't made up my mind to stay until I saw that vampire trying to kill her. His hands around her neck make my blood boil. I had an overwhelming instinct to protect her. I knew at that moment I couldn't leave her side again.

"I can't leave you again Kaitlyn. I know it seemed easy for me to go but it wasn't. If that means I have to take some test so be it. What other choice do we have? I'm tired of running." I stated.

I didn't know her well. I had some backstory from Sam and Kelly but that was all. I just knew I needed her and that I wanted to know more.

"It's not a written exam like in high school Lydia they are going to test your strength, the strength of you blood. It's a fight against a person of their choice." She added.

"I can fight." I countered.

My mother had me training since I was a child, kickboxing mostly.

"These aren't people, these are vampires who have been training for hundreds of years. There a huge difference. Jeffery will be assisting us, if you're going to do this we need to prepare you." Kaitlyn added again.

She was right extra help wouldn't be a terrible thing.

"When do we start?" I finally gave in.

"Now."

We walked out the French doors leading to the backyard. Jeffery and Jenna were waiting for us in the court yard.

"You're going to work with Jeffery today, we need to get a gage the extent of your fighting level." Jenna spoke.

Jeffery was buff to say the least but everything on him seemed manicured. He looked like a model. Blue eyes black hair that was perfectly styled.

I could beat him.

I started walking towards him mentally preparing myself to win this sprawl.

"Hold on there killer." Jenna spoke. "You won't be fighting him. Kaitlyn come here."

"Absolutely not." I interrupted. "I'm not going to fight my girlfriend."

Jenna's eyebrows raised in excitement.

"Girlfriend huh? This isn't going to be just a physical fight Lydia. They are going to test your mind and your body through the combat. You will train with Kaitlyn." Jenna added as she motioned for Kaitlyn to come forward.

"Don't be scared love. I'll go easy on you." Kaitlyn added.

The moonlight was reflecting off her eyes and her perfect skin. I could see amusement in her eyes as she joked.

"Begin." Jeffery instructed.

Kaitlyn and I circled each other slowly. She watched my every move. Her eyes never left mine as she lunged at me. I quickly dodged her attack.

"Not bad babe." She said playfully as she walked over to me. Her eyes were purple and she wrapped her arms around my waist leaning in to kiss me. When I closed my eyes for the kiss I felt my back hit the ground hard.

"What the fuck Kaitlyn!" I screamed. "You're not fighting fair!"

"Neither will they, I trained fighter never lets someone that close!" Jeffery yelled.

"I'm sorry." Kaitlyn said as she offered her hand to help me up. Instead of letting her I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the ground. I spring up quickly. I was angry but I didn't attack her on the ground.