FIVE || RUMBLE ON MEAN STREET

The next day, Sweet Pea was no longer scared.

In fact, he was blackout rage furious.

They'd since learned the boy who pulled the gun on them's name, and that had definitely made it worse.

Fallon knew because when her boyfriend was quiet, it meant fury was brewing inside. "Baby," She said, leaning on his shoulder. "What's going on?"

"I'm pissed, Blue Eyes."

"I gathered that. What are you planning on doing about it, man of action?"

Sweet Pea stayed quiet for a moment, before an evil grin appeared on his face.

"Hey fellas," he yelled, getting the other serpents' attention. "What do you say we go pay our friend Andrews a little visit?"

The Serpents laughed and let out mocking barks intended to be barbs towards the football player who'd been dumb enough to come south. "I would tell you to stay home, but Fangs is gonna be with me and Toni has plans. You'll be safe no matter where we take you." Sweet Pea said quietly, kissing Fallon gently.

"Okay." She replied, inhaling his scent of leather, cigarettes, and cheap cologne. "I know I will."

Sweet Pea took her straight home after school, acting more protective than usual.

"We're gonna go tonight at like 10. I doubt he'll be out past then." Sweet Pea said, and Fallon nodded. "What if he's got backup?" She asked, and Sweet Pea huffed. "Why would you call backup if you don't know something's coming for you?"

"Good point."

Fallon did her homework (and most of Sweet Pea's too), which took her a good four hours, and then took a nap on Sweet Pea's couch.

She woke to him shaking her, his jacket on his shoulders and clinking indicating his brass knuckles in his pockets. "Baby, come on. We're gonna meet Fangs and the guys. Come on."

She allowed herself to be pulled upright, shrugging on her jacket and towing on her boots, the brand new switchblade Pea gave her heavy in her pocket.

She climbed onto the back of his motorcycle, wrapping her arms around his waist as he revved the engine, speeding off into the night.

A thick fog hung in the air as they arrived at the Andrews residence, a bad feeling settling in the pit of Fallon's stomach. "I don't like this," she murmured, grabbing the hem of Pea's leather jacket.

The door opened as soon as Sweet Pea set foot on the porch, revealing one Archie Andrews.

"How stupid are you Northsiders? You really think you can come into my house, stick a gun in my face in front of my boys, in front of my lady, and there won't be any payback?" Sweet Pea growled, and the door opened wider to reveal a solid chunk of...

"How stupid are you Northsiders? You really think you can come into my house, stick a gun in my face in front of my boys, in front of my lady, and there won't be any payback?" Sweet Pea growled, and the door opened wider to reveal a solid chunk of Riverdale High's football team.