Chapter 1: I get a unplanned visit from the past

*EDITED*

Hey, 3nigma here. I just wanted to tell you all I wrote this when I was 12, and now I am in the process of edited the...crappy writing, let's say. I am trying to keep the plot and such similar when I am editing, so you don't have to worry about that. I don't really like the writing style I used on this, so I am sorry if it doesn't flow and such, because my writing style is much different now. I also apologize for the slow updates, but I get busy in real life, making it hard to be active on here. 

Thank you for all your support, and I hope you enjoy my 12 year old self's imagination! 

Percy's POV:

A picture rest in my hands, and I held it with a grasp so light I'm surprised I didn't drop it. Of course, holding it light enough that it could flutter to the floor with the lightest breeze probably was a good idea, considering at the time I couldn't decide if the picture was a nostalgic relic of the past, or the devil incarnate purposely trying to make me rip it to pieces by inhabiting a 7 by 8 picture frame.

Then again, it could be both.

I took another longing gaze at the photo, slightly nostalgic vibes filling my room. The picture frame contained on of the last pictures I kept of my previous family. My family then consisted of my father? Caretaker? Something like that, Bruce. And my technical but not biological brother, Dick. (Short for Richard, don't worry I'm not that mean. Well, sort of.)

Dick's regular smirk was plastered on his face in the photo, and his elbow was resting on my nine year old self's shoulder, trying to prove the never-ending argument that he was taller than me, but in fact we were the same height at the time.

I gently set the picture down on my nightstand, leaving it behind in my cabin, so I could clear my head on a walk.

Which maybe would've happened, if it weren't for the terrible timing of my cousin, Diana.

 I hadn't talked to her in years, and the one time I had about the most worries and thoughts bumping and jumbling around in my head was when she decided to pay a visit. Delightful.

"Percy! Percy, over here!" Diana yelled, waving her hand above her head.

I let out a big sigh, knowing Diana wouldn't let me go.

I walked toward her, and she didn't start talking until I was close enough to where she didn't have to yell.

"Percy, I've come to offer you something."

"Offer me something? I don't need anything." Confusion rattled my brain, what could she offer?

"I need your help, and if you agree, you can have me do anything for you, I will owe you."

It sounded nice, but then again I didn't know what she wanted help with.

"I need you to be my protégé, and to help with the young justice team."

Oh did I forget to mention Diana was Wonder Woman? And now she wanted me to join a group of superhero-vigilante protégés who could barely manage to fix one mess without leaving another.

"Why? Is there a problem too big for the almighty superheroes?" I didn't mean to sound so rude, but if you couldn't tell I wasn't on the best terms with the team.

At all. Of course, most of them didn't exactly know why my hatred of them was so severe, but I guess I thought it was better at the time if most of them didn't, except the targeted few.

"Percy...I know you've had problems with them in the past, but what they are up against is something you're familiar with, and they aren't. I can explain on the way there, but I need your help, Percy."

I let out a deep sigh, before agreeing to go with, even though I knew I would regret it.

—————

About an hour later, Diana and I had reached one of the portal thingy's, and we were both decked out in our superhero gear. Diana has gotten me a super suit,, which was mostly black with a silver emblem on the front. Silver outlined the outfit as well, blending well with the black. The last part of the outfit was a domino mask, to keep my identity a secret from the people I would fight, but also the people would I would fight with. They didn't need to know who I was, just the same as I didn't care who they were.

"Are you ready?" Diana's asked, her voice echoing in the alleyway.

" Ready as I'll ever be."

——