Chapter 6: Butlers, nostalgia and pricks. Wow, great combo.

*EDITED*

      I quickly snapped back, as if I had been burned. This was Wayne Manor, why would they bring me here? Dick didn't know my identity, and neither did the rest of the team. Plus, why would they even care? I legitimately just joined the team, and technically shouldn't even be considered a part of it.

"Miss Percy?" A kind voice asked from behind me, pulling me out of my thoughts. I snapped around, staring into the familiar eyes, a rush of nostalgia hitting me.

"Alfie? Is it really you?" I whispered, my voice soft.

"Why yes, Miss Percy. I suppose you wonder why you are here?"

No, I wasn't Alfred. I just thought it was a normal occurrence that I found my way into a secret underground mini hospital underneath Wayne manor.

"Um, yeah, kinda."

"After you were knocked out on the Mission, the team brought you back to the cave. Master Bruce decided it would best if you stayed here instead, despite Master Damian's complaints."

I didn't know who Damian was, but I would guess he was the new Robin. 

Either way.. Bruce wanted me here? But...Why?

I tried to make sense of it all, but I still couldn't wrap my head around it. Before I could get lost in my thoughts, Alfred spoke up.

"Would you like some cookies, Miss Percy? I made them fresh for both Master Dick and Tim, but they still are out on...special business."

"Um...you know what? Sure, Alfred."

I wanted to get back to the cave and get a full run down with Diana, but a few minutes talking with Alfred couldn't hurt. As long as I was long gone before Dick was back.

I followed Alfred as he weaved his way through mostly familiar rooms, and into the large kitchen. It seemed more homely now than it did years ago, but I guess that's what happens after having Mr. Charismatic as your adopted kid. Alfred wasn't lying either (not that I thought he was), a pan of fresh baked cookies sat on the counter, still all gooey and melty.

I snatched a couple, shoving them in mouth, mostly as a reflex of people always stealing my food. Not that I didn't steal their food as retaliation, however.

Alfred and I easily started up a conversation, mostly the normal small talk: 'how have you been?' 'How's school?' 'How's your family?'.

I felt a pang in my chest as the talking continued, the nostalgia of seeing the Manor and Alfred hitting.

"Miss Percy, are you alright?"

I forgot that Alfred was scarily like an empath, and he could always tell when something was bothering you.

"I'm fine, Alfred." I said with a somber smile, brushing a stray black hair out of my face. "I just-I've missed this."

Regret clouded my emotions, mixed along with guilt at Alfred's expression. "Sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up."

"Percy!" Alfred scolded, I snapped my head up to look at him, surprised that he didn't use a 'Miss'. "Do not blame yourself. You left for good reasons on your account. Master Bruce vision back them was just  too clouded to realize he should've told you the truth all those years ago, but didn't , resulting in your absence."

A flood of emotions wracked my body, as tears brimmed my eyes. "Oh, Alfred." I lunged toward him, wrapping my arms tightly around him. He returned the action with a light chuckle, before whispering in my ear.

"I missed this too."

I blinked the tears away, releasing the hug. Alfred gave me a smile.

"Miss Percy, I do believe you should skedaddle, before Master Dick, Tim or Damian return. Or God forbid Jason come for a visit."

I didn't recognize the names other than Dick's, but I supposed Bruce had grown the family a bit.  I didn't want to leave, but Alfred had a point.I may be able to face Dick as Nightwing, but that was me with a mask. Here I was open and vulnerable. And I wasn't ready to face him like that. Heck, I didn't know if I ever would be able to face him like that.

"Hello, Alfred. Percy, I see you're up." A low voice interrupted from behind me, causing me to spin around. A dark haired man with a chiseled jaw met me, his piercing eyes indefinitely familiar.

"Bruce." I greeted him coldly. "Why did you bring me here? Or yet, a better question. How'd you know?"