Chapter 2: Sleepless nights and the moon

*EDITED*

~Just a heads up, the Young Justice team is only made of the originals and batfam (aka Tim, Dick and Damian. Jason's kind of... Well He might come in.) so you don't get confused, and will probably be one of my only chapters from Dick's pov. ~

---Dick's pov.---

Cold, bitter wind rattled my window, small slivers seeping through the cracks around the edges. Moonlight shone into my room, giving a white glow to most of my room. 

I really needed a curtain. 

I mean, sure, the extra stress of life probably wasn't helping me sleep, but then again neither was the bright starts in the sky and howling wind. 

Oh, but you can't forget the crickets. I swear  those things probably originated from hell itself, considering how annoying they could be at times. 

It's mostly times like these that I feel bad for those with insomnia. How are they able to deal with the lack of sleep? 

With the amount of thoughts rattling through my brain there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to fall asleep, so I tossed my covers to the side, sitting up and letting my feet touch the cold floor.  It creaked under my weight, causing me to wince with every step. I'd just made it out of the doorway of my room when I heard voices echoing from the kitchen.

"Wally! Be quiet! Everyone else is still asleep!"

Probably Artemis, considering I don't think M'gann would ever talk to Wally that way. 

"Sorry if my super metabolism causes me to need a midnight snack every once in a while!" 

" Doesn't mean you have to wake up everyone else! And it's not midnight, it's three in the morning, there's a difference."

"Yeah, a difference of no one gives a crap. " 

I make my way into the kitchen, ignoring their bickering,  making a beeline toward the coffee machine. 

The bickering suddenly came to an end when I poured the already made coffee,  both Artemis and Wally turning towards me.  

"Did we wake you?" Artemis asked, giving a "told you so" look to Wally.

"No, just couldn't sleep." 

The next few minutes are filled with peaceful silence, each of us enjoying our early morning cup of coffee, before Wally pipes up. 

"So did you hear? We are getting a new recruit for the team. A protege of Wonder Women apparently."

Out of all the things he could've told me, I wasn't ready for that. A protege of Wonder Woman? I thought she didn't exactly approve the idea of teens on the battlefield with her. A girl, most likely, which will be nice considering the difference in the amount of guys and girls on our team. 

" Huh. Wonder if she'll have powers like Diana or powerless." I finally respond, dragging myself out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah, I've thought of that too. Kinda interesting Diana out of all people would have a protege, though." Artemis buts in, a intrigued tone filling her voice. 

 For the next couple hours we talk on, our topics very diverse as the conversation continued, before the others woke up. 

Breakfast was finally made when the other four, Kaulder, Tim, Conner, and M'gann,  all came sat down in the kitchen with us. 

The talk of the table was mostly about the protege and our mission for today. Before we had even finished the conversation and cleared the remains of breakfast, the cave's identification system echoed in the room. 

"Wonder Woman, A-07. Cyclone, B-10." 

The 'portal' lit up, Diana and a girl my age stepping through.

They were here. 

~~~~~~~