Chapter 7: Mr. Dark, strong, and mighty, apologizing?

*EDITED*

    Bruce Wayne's unforgiving gaze settled upon me, before he huffed a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.  "Diana told me." 

What?

the words hung in the air, silence following as if the two men with me could see the betrayal written across my face. 

They probably could.

"Why?" Mt tone was harsh, but I didn't care. I had trusted Diana, my cousin, to not tell. "Did you two have some sort of fling? Was that a good enough reason for her to throw my trust down the drain?" 

A flash of guilt showed on Bruce's face, before quickly disappearing. 

"Oh my God. You did, didn't you?" I gasped, ignoring the annoyed look I was given.  

Bruce let out another deep sigh, muttering something along the lines of: 'God, teenagers are so dramatic'

Which I can tell you for a fact did not help my simmering anger. 

"Diana told me because that's her job. You were hurt and in trouble. You still are hurt. Despite the fact that you may not live in this house, I still care about you Percy." 

I clenched my jaw at his words, my anger still not muffled, despite the amount of truth that rang through his words. 

"If you had cared Bruce, you would have told me."  

Bruce winced at my words, murmuring a phrase that sounded along the lines of 'First Dick goes all angsty, then Jason, and now you? What has my life come to' before answering. 

" Percy... Do you really want to get into this now?" 

"Oh, because giving you years to mull it over isn't enough time?" I sassed, not in the mood for his bullcrap. 

"Percy, I made a mistake then. I should've told you, and I've regretted it ever since then. Dick hasn't been the same since you left, and I blame myself for that. His brothers don't know about you, so it's even worse for Dick on the anniversary of your.... absence. I truly am sorry that I didn't just let you in on it." 

I almost took a staggered step backwards, but was able to compose myself.  Did Bruce Wayne, Batman, just apologize? 

"I- I don't know if I can forgive you yet Bruce. I don't think you know how much not telling me affected my life." I responded, my emotions so out of wack I didn't know what I felt like. 

"That's alright, Percy. I don't expect you too." 

I let my thoughts drift after Bruce stopped talking, mulling over everything that had happened. 

I didn't want to bring the past back into my life, and I was perfectly content without it, but... maybe it would be okay if I reconciled with the Wayne family. Maybe Dick and I could... actually get on speaking terms. 

"Maybe...When this whole young justice team situation gets sorted out....I could visit sometime. And... reconcile. We might not be family anymore, but I wouldn't be apposed to bring you all back into my life...Just not super quick okay? It can't just be fixed with a snap of your fingers."

Bruce acknowledged that fact, before he and Alfred started some more smalltalk with me, wondering how the past couple years of my life had been going. 

the talking was going great, until a loud beeping came from Bruce's phone. 

"Young Justice Mission Alert." He said grimly, Causing me to stand up. 

"Bruce, I'll go. I'm a part of the team-"

"No. Percy, you are injured. You will not be going on any missions anytime soon."

"But water heals me I-"

"No. I do not want to be held for you getting hurt worse, and neither does Diana." 

I rolled my eyes, forming a plan of how to escape after Bruce left, when a collection of voices sounded from the front door.

"Yes, Drake, I do believe you are overreacting. It is a small feat to accomplish, at least for those with a higher amount of talent or practice. Which I guess you wouldn't know about."

"Oh yeah-"

"Tim, Damien, stop it." 

"But Dick he-" 

"Tim."

They were here. I swallowed nervously, looking around frantically for a place to hide. 

"Alfred!" I hissed under my breath. " Where can I hide?" 

He motioned to a door on our left, and I sprinted towards it, Getting inside the room without a thought, as the voices neared the kitchen.

I was screwed.