Chapter 2 *Damage Control?*

.
.

♧♧♧
.
.

I was woken by the sound of someone barging into my room and standing on top of my bed. Relief folded me when it was not my idiot of a father. "For a minute, I thought it was my annoying father," I said, laying back down on the bed.

Why did you put me here, mom?

I heard Grimmjow yelling at me, so I covered my head with a blanket. I growled silently, but I could still hear him. "You dumbass! My best mate at my wedding was married and I bloody got that news from TV!"

.
.
■■■
.
.

Flashback.
Grimmjow's POV.

"Kurosaki, what's the matter with that girl? "It gets you so riled up."

"Never, ever ask me about her!"He growled at me like an animal. Something in his reishi was not normal. He was looking for a kill. What scared me was that Ichigo did not realize how much he was affected by her. But the people see him, and someone would catch him if he wasn't careful. "Just focus on this meeting, Grimmjow."

The meeting started in fifteen minute. Ichigo never spoke once in the meeting. Eventually, I got the contract.

I saw Ichigo pissed outside the meeting hall. He berated Uryu for reasons regarding that woman again. Inoue Orihime. Never take her name again. Same things he told me. Before I thought she might be his secretary who left the job now he was in need of another one, but now I knew this woman was a personal problem and not a business related.

"What do you want, Grimmjow?" Ichigo saw me staring.

"I will replace you if you don't watch out." I spat at him.

"I thought this contract was important to you. Now I see, you just wanted to win against me just like any other business man in Japan." Next, he told Uryu to bring his car at the door and tuned to me. "I'm curious though. Why're toy doing this for?" He asked conversationally.

As I waited for mt own car I told him. "Legacy. My father, Baraggan, his majesty. He hadn't hesitated to impose his perceived authority and he expected it to be carried out accordingly. I used to get beaten up by him when I told him to do something about this place and its people."

I wasn't expecting him to listen very attentively. "So, then why did Hueco Mundo stay hidden all this time?"

"Te first King, Yhwach, disliked lies, and because it was a time of war, old people, women, and children needed protection from the fighting. So the first King, offered Hueco Mundo as a place for them to hide, but it soon became a battle field. Many innocent lives were lost. Yhwach, the King, called for help from other cities of Japan, especially Seireitei, because they held the most power and had a great army of their own, but nobody tried to help us out at that time, and if it weren't for our Espada army, you wouldn't be able to see me here. His majesty then decided-"

"Close the borders." Ichigo said it for me. "I read about that in history. What I didn't understand is why no other powerful people do about the war."

"Yeah." I told him bitterly. "Legacy stated that neither the people of Hueco Mundo nor the outside world could visit or stay at Hueco Mundo. He thought it was the best way to protect his people."