CHAPTER THREE [24 HOURS CONT.]

the plane journey began weird to say the least, it had been delayed long enough for it to get dark outside, everyone was tired from being up early, it was one of those times in life where nothing feels real, like everything is a fever dream. the plane took off not long ago, y/n and colby sat together due to him booking his ticket the same time he got hers. y/n was sat by the window with colby to her right, it was awkward, they had barely exchanged a single word since taking their seats. they both understood the reason for their silence, this was a lot for anyone to process. but as much as this was overwhelming, y/n felt nothing but content and happiness in her heart, she hadn't built up the courage to say it back yet. despite having said it before, this time felt entirely different. colby wasn't mad that she hadn't said it, he wasn't understood why, after all it had been a long while since they had seen eachother, he felt relaxed though, despite the fun he'd had during those years, he hadn't felt this happy since he last with her.

the tension was too much for y/n, she reached over a hand to hold his, "so um" she started "what's the plan for after we land?" she asked.

"huh oh yeah my friend stas is gonna come and pick us up, she wants to be there to see how sam reacts, plus she wants to meet you to" colby explained after moving his headphones to rest on his neck, "stas doesn't live with us but she spends a lot of time over, she's in a lot of our videos too" he continued while intertwining his fingers between hers.

"she sounds cool, i can't wait to meet everyone" y/n said, looking at him with a content smile. god she warmed colbys heart, he loved her so much. hearing her talk about the people in his life made him flash the biggest smile she'd ever seen.

"i've always loved your eyes" she whispered looking up at him, "they're so pretty colbs"

"you're killing me" he replied, the same smile still on his face. feeling like his heart could jump out of his chest.

-

the sky outside was dark but still clear, the stars and moon illuminating the sky. time moves so quickly when they're together, the sun dropping to the horizon as though it was a light switch.

the flight had been easier than they both anticipated, the sunlight beginning to come back up again. y/n was tired, despite flying during the night she hadn't slept at all, the adrenaline of what was to come kept her awake, her eyes drooped heavy, as did her body feel heavy.

they were waiting to get y/n's bags when she spoke up, leaning her head against his arm, holding him tight.

"colbyyyy" she said in a questioning manner, her voice raising it pitch as though she's after something.

"yessss" colby replied, mirroring her tone

"does this mean i get to do spooky stuff with you"

"spooky stuff?" he said, sounding offended but keeping sarcasm

"yeah that's what you do, i wanna come" y/n said as though it was the most obvious thing in the world.

he chuckled and agreed, telling her he'd love for her to come, he went on to tell her about his career, telling her about it all, the success of their merch, all the friends he'd made, even those he didn't talk to all to much anymore. in reality, these were the only times he had felt happy since y/n leaving.

colby couldn't help but shed a tear or two, out of pure joy. he had a funny feeling in his tummy, one he hadn't felt for a long time, not since he had last been with y/n.

she was finally able to get her bags but there was still some time before stas was going to be there to pick them up, she suggested the idea of roam around the stores scattered around the airport. the big 'welcome to las vegas' signs dispersed over the building filled y/n with a kind of excitement she wasn't sure she had ever felt before. the bright neon signs reflecting exactly how she felt. it was so cheesy, being in vegas, it was almost exactly how you'd imagine it, it fit the stereotype perfectly. y/n couldn't believe this is how colby ended up, she felt so proud of him.

time was moving so fast yet y/n felt she could easily tell anyone every small detail about what's happened since she first laid her eyes on him. she checked the time seeing that it was early hours of the morning

4:58AM

a smile crept on her face seeing the pink tinge to the sky outside of the large glass windows, the whole scenario felt like a fever dream, the butterflies in her stomach making her want to run with her arms out as if she was in a daisy field.

"come here" colby said, encasing her hand in his. the warmth made a flush pink glow appear over her cheeks, he pulled her in by the waist, placing a gentle kiss to the very tip of her nose, making her scrunch up with a small chuckle.

he held her for a second longer before resting his phone up against his bag sitting on the chair facing the window the two were now stood infront of.

he turned around to her with a smile, not taking his hand off of her skin the entire time, she looked over and realised he was recording them with his phone.

"colby what-" she said laughing, confused as to what his plan was.

"shh" he interrupted, grabbing her hands and manoeuvring her into place to pose for a photo.

"why are you recording" she giggled inbetween smiles

he didn't reply but just gestured towards himself, he grabbed her and began dancing around, as if they were alone, holding her lovingly by the waist, moving a hand occasionally to move an out of place hair on her head. she held him just as tight, allowing him to spin her around a smile so wide and real on his face that she wasn't sure she had ever seen before. she felt her heartbeat in her stomach each time he would sneak a small kiss inbetween their dancing.

the glow of the sky rested so beautifully on his face, she stared at him in complete adoration, it was this moment she knew this is exactly where she belongs, in his arms. no other thought was riding through her head other than 'i think i've always loved you but it's too soon to say it'

y/n couldn't tell him so instead she kissed him, pouring all of her love onto him, a tear leaving the corner of her eye, she broke from him with a smile of pure joy. they stood there, still filming, holding eachother as close as possible, smiles pressed together, his hands caressing her head, not wanting to let her go, sharing small tears of pure love and joy. "promise me you'll stay" colby whispered, so just she could hear. she took a deep breath and whispered back "always"