CHAPTER SIX [HOME]

i don't condone drug use to avoid problems this is purely a work of fiction, look after yourselves <3

9TH AUGUST 2022

2:46PM

y/n was sat, unpacking the last of her clothes into the closet in the spare bedroom, her belongings scattered around, the room starting to look like her own. she smiled at the sight, feeling relaxed.

the sound of someone clearing their throat at the door distracted her, turning around from where she was at the closet to see colby leaning on the doorframe.

"hey sunshine" he said, smile on his face

"hi colbs" she replied, smiling just as big

nothing between them had happened since the airport, she looked at him longingly, missing the warmth of his body.

colby moved to sit on the side of the bed, patting the spot next to him for y/n to come sit down, he held his arm out for her to sit close to him, putting his arm around her shoulder as she did.

it was silent for a second, just the sound of them breathing before colby spoke up, "do you think we should talk about it?" he asked, sounding nervous.

she looked up at him, he wasn't able to read her face, a blank look, glassed over eyes.

he hesitated before continuing "i don't wanna push you too far" he said, "but i wanna be close to you, i wanna be able to kiss you y/n"

"i'm not stopping you" y/n said quietly, voice shaking "i like being close to you"

he left a loving kiss on her forehead, "i don't wanna make you uncomfortable"

"you could never make me uncomfortable" she moved herself into him, moving his other arm around her too, head resting on his chest, just underneath his chin. colby held her close, wanting to protect her, pulling her impossibly close.

"i meant what i said" he said, gaining her attention once more, she moved her said to see his face again "i've always loved you y/n"

he caressed her head "you don't have to say it back, i want you to mean it" he said, resting his head on hers.

"i'm scared colby" she said after a moment of hesitation, "i don't wanna lose you again"

"you won't lose me, i promise" his voice quiet, thumb rubbing back and forth on her shoulder, a small gesture of reassurance, a gesture that made her feel all warm inside.

"i still wanna be close to you" she said, moving closer "but i don't think i'm ready to say it"

"it's okay sunshine, just let me hold you" his face said it all, lust.

her hands were gentle on his face, taking in the expression, gently caressing his cheek, feeling that slight stubble coming through, brushing over the freckle under his eye, his warm breath on her face. without another moment of thought, she rested her forehead against his own, closing her eyes. this level of intimacy was something neither of them had felt before, sure they had both had sexual relations with others before, but years of untouched feelings had gone behind this simple gesture. colby wrapped his arms around the small of her waist, lifting her slightly as he pulled her over, her knees falling either side of his hips, his arms wrapped around her, hands gripping her tight.
it wasn't a sexual act, just a tender hearted moment. colby felt warm, his head fuzzy, something he wasn't sure if he had ever felt before. it wasn't awkward, there wasn't this pondering atmosphere of 'what's gonna happen next?', they were simply comfortable, warm in each others presence.

colby moved slowly, not daring to ruin the moment, moving one of his hands to caress the back of her head, tangling in her hair. he moved his face slightly to leave the most loving, tender kiss on the corner of her mouth.
y/n's breath got caught in her throat, taking the reigns and pressing her own lips against his, just as softly and he did prior. she felt lightheaded from the overwhelming desire, but nevertheless she felt safe, this was her lemon boy, this was her home. his lips on hers, they fit together like a puzzle, the piece that was missing all those years.