CHAPTER FOUR [24 HOURS FIN.]

slight hints towards sex at the end (very slight)

6TH AUGUST 2022

9:12AM

"24 hours" colby said in a light voice.

"huh" y/n replied, oblivious to what was going through the day dreaming man's brain.

"it's been 24 hours" he said sitting up slightly from slouching in the chair he was sat in. "24 hours since i got you back"

y/n picked up her phone to check he was right and he was. an entire day the two had spent together, trapped in enclosed spaces, opening up and confessing feelings held in for years. 24 hours that had felt like a lifetime spent together.

she felt ridiculous, to be feeling so in love and utterly enamoured with someone despite only spending a day together, but years of lust were behind those feelings, lust that had gone ignored for too long. but despite how strong her feelings were, she wasn't ready to come to terms with it, and colby knew that. colby knew that she had been through so much and it was never easy for her to face her feelings, but he was willing to wait for her, no matter how long it would take.

10:34AM

another hour had passed before stas was able to get to the airport, traffic wasn't on her side today but she let out a small smile knowing that y/n and colby were getting to spend just a little bit more time together.

stas had called colby to let them know that she would be there soon. they were waiting outside, colby stood to the left of y/n, arm around her waist. he felt y/n lean forward slightly, looking over at hee he saw she was taking the light jacket show wore off.

"god how were you wearing that its so hot out here" colby said with a chuckle, still clad in the same cut off vest which probably had two many holes in it for it to be acceptable to wear outside.

"coming from the guy who's shirt looks like he got hungry and ate it for lunch" she said with a giggle.
"it's just comfy"

he could tell she felt insecure, her arms were folded over her chest. he felt his heart stop in his throat at the sight of her skin, clad in a tight cropped tank top and sweatpants, the sight of her bare shoulders made his mouth water. he wanted nothing but to worship every part of her body, she was so beautiful in his eyes. he wanted to make her feel more comfortable but didn't want to cross boundaries so he settled for moving his arm to wrap around her shoulders, caressing her skin and pulling her closer for a light kiss on her forehead. y/n felt herself relax and melt into him, taking her arms away from herself and wrapping them around him.

it wasn't long before stas would arrive. y/n felt her nerves creep up on her, not only was she about to meet a new person but she was soon to see sam, her best friend, who she hadn't seen or spoke to in years. her brain was running at one hundred miles per hour, what if he was mad? but he couldn't be mad, he hadn't reached out either. but what if he had felt abandoned by her? she couldn't help but worry. she hadnt meant to lose him, it was just the way things worked. in that moment she felt as though she could never forgive herself, clutching onto colby as though he would disappear.

"hey" colby said resting his head on hers "relax"

"what if he's mad" y/n whispered

"he wont be, i promise"

"how do you know?" she said "its been years"

"years of which he hasn't stopped talking about you, he wants nothing more than to have you and bring you along for all the cool stuff we get to do" he said in a reassuring tone, caressing her face. "i promise you"

the conversation was cut short by stas arriving, colbys face lit up and the idea of y/n meeting her.

y/n, a bag of nerves, still had a smile on her face, covering up her anxiety but still clutching onto colby for dear life.

the car pulled up infront of them and stas stepped out of the drivers seat, what the two of them weren't expecting was kat to also be sat in the passenger seat.

"kat i didnt know you were coming" said colby, happy to see her.

y/n kept the same smile going despite the heightened anxiety over someone new who she wasn't expecting. colby noticed and caressed her shoulder, "hey its okay" he reassured.

"this is kat" he said gesturing towards her, she had the biggest and warmest smile, y/n already felt more comfortable under her presence.

"you're sams girlfriend right?" y/n asked

"yeah i am!" she said. "i just couldn't wait to meet you, and uh colby forgot his keys so the surprise wouldn't really work without being able to get into the house so i brought mine" she chucked, still with the biggest smile.

"colby" y/n said in condescending tone. "how did you forgot your keys, you flew to a different state idiot" as she was speaking the three of them looked at colby acting like a lost pup, searching in every pocket and every part of his bag.

"i forgot my keys?"

the three girls laughed at his stupidity, moving on to talk to eachother for a moment and colby loaded y/n's bags into the trunk, introducing themselves to eachother and getting in the car. y/n felt even more at home.

colby and y/n sat in the back together, stas and kat in the front and a camera resting on the dashboard. the three of them acted so naturally in front of the camera, it confused y/n. colbys hand on hers kept her grounded. after explaining to the camera what was happening, he turned to y/n.

"it's gets easier i promise" he told her.

"i'm just nervous colbs" she said quietly, not wanting to show vulnerability.

"it's fine, he's missed you so much"

the smile on his face but her at ease a little more, but his hand covering hers and his thumb caressing back and forth wasn't helping her nerves but it was surely distracting her.

the feeling of physical contact with him had her using all of her willpower to not undo her seatbelt and pounce on him. her face was flushed, cherry red nose more prominent than ever. her breathing was slightly heavier and she kept squirming in her seat, her only thoughts being grabbing his face and kissing him like he would disappear.

colby was about to ask if she was okay when he noticed that the grip she had on his hand wasn't because she was nervous, he enjoyed knowing that just the slightest touch was doing this to her. he had never felt more attracted to someone, the way her hair fell around her face made him want to wrap her up and show her all the love in the world. but the only thought he could muster up was what could possibly be hiding under that tank top, how soft her skin would feel, how beautiful she would look underneath him. before he knew it he was adjusting his jeans, trying not to make it obvious.

y/n smirked over at him, knowing the feeling was mutual. but all they could do having stas and kat in front was the light touches to eachothers hands, despite the craving for more.

the two of them desperately tried to compose themselves as the car pulled up to the driveway.

colby grabbed y/n's bags from the trunk and took them to the front door.

"i'll leave them here for now, i'll grab them once sam knows, we have cameras that alert us when someone's here and you can't see them from outside the gates so it should-" colby said before being cut off.

the door swung open in front of them, like someone was late for work. the wind from the door took them back a bit, once they come to their senses, all four of them stood there shell shocked as they looked at the jaw agape sam at the other side of the door.