Eight

Stan walked into school the next day and bumped into someone.
"Ah, sorry!" He said and looked up only to see his ex, Wendy.
"Oh uh, hey Stan." Wendy said and gave him a smile showing off her pearly white teeth.
"Hey Wendy." Stan gave a forced smile.
"How's things going?" Stan noticed she tried to keep the conversation going. He didn't know why, did she mean it when she said she hoped they could be friends?
"Good, I guess. I uh, I have to go." Stan said awkwardly and slowly walked away.
"Hey Stan, wait up!" Stan heard the familiar voice of his best friend.
"What's up, Kyle." Stan said as the said ginger fell into step with him.
Stan couldn't help but notice Kyle move closer to him as they continued their walk. Kyle looked behind them, but Stan didn't notice. He could feel the warmth of Kyle's hand as it brushed against his accidentally. Stan unconsciously grabbed his hand.
"Wh-What are you doing?" Kyle asked as his face heated up.
Stan didn't seem to hear him as he was stuck in his own world. Stan could feel the softness of his best friend's skin. He turned his head to look at Kyle. Kyle returned his stare. Stan stared at the flustered expression on Kyle's face and he found himself wondering if his lips were as soft as his hands.
"Yo guys what's up!" Kenny's loud voice pulled Stan from his thoughts and he quickly pulled his hand away with a blush as Kenny wrapped his arms around the two flustered boy's shoulders.
"Sorry, were you two having a moment?" Kenny asked, wiggling his eyebrows.
Stan and Kyle's faces both burned red.
"Nothing happened!" Kyle exclaimed, pulling his hat over his face to hide his blush. Stan stared at Kyle thinking that the smaller boys actions were cute.
"Anyway, can I talk to you for a sec Stan?" Kenny asked, moving his hands to his hoodie pockets.
"Yeah. I'll see ya later Kyle." Stan said and followed Kenny to a different hallway.
"Okay seriously, do you have a crush on Kyle?" Kenny asked getting straight to the point.
Stan looked at the ground and brushed his fingers through his hair.
"I... I think I do."