Day 6

Today is Father's Day and I am confused between going to church or call my friend Kim to come for me and head to that retirement party of our old time friend - our youth trainer.

Mzee Kiilu was almost double our age but he loved being with me, Mutiso and Kyalo. We on the other hand worshipped him in everything thing he did for to us, he knew everything. I later learned he just took advantage of our naivity to act the king - though, we never regretted to be with. He told us all the tricks to win girls, fight other boys and many others useless tricks of life.

He had already completed his Secondary school, waiting for university intake but we were still in primary school. By the time we sat for our final Primary school exam, he had as well joined university, and thus marked the end of godforsaken relationship.

My phone is now ringing but it's still on my bedroom and my wife has gone for it but am not happy cos anything can happen - any of my crazy girlfriends might be calling. She has already picked it and my heart skipped a beat, listening to catch up who might be on it - she has placed it on my hear and to my relief, I recognize the voice of Jackson the new Father.

Father Jackson clicked with me immediately he was transferred to our diocese. He offered to pick me in twenty minutes to the church. It was by coincidence that immediately the call ended, a text popped.

Shiko: "honey"

Me: "yap sweetie"

Shiko: "can I call you"

Me: "nop, just text"

Shiko: "OK, will you be on the retirement party!?"

Me: "I am not sure, maybe you ask Kim if he can pick me after service"

Shiko: "what if he agrees to pick you, will your wife come with you!?"

Me: "we can play smart, do you have your Car!?

Shiko: "nop, that damphead declined with the keys"

Me: "aren't you in good terms!?"

Shiko: "we parted yesterday and am not going back, otherwise it's a long story - let's talk then"

Me: "OK, I think Kim has his car just call him right now and then come back to me"

Shiko: "it's a deal"

The Father's car is now hooting at the gate and my wife is wheeling me towards the gate - she doesn't look happy, maybe she suspects whoever I had been chatting with. But do I care - the effects of the godforsaken Adam's 🍎 is at its fullest.

Father Jackson was already out of the car and ready to assist in getting me inside. "eh, this lady has done a recommendable job on you man" was his comment as he heaved me on the seat next to the driver's, referring to my weight. He then proceeded to help my wife, who was still silently settling my wheelchair at the car boot.

"Ok now tell me, how have you been since last Sunday" he asked me starting the car and started reversing. I took advantage of him concentrating on taking the car to its right direction towards the church to read the just popped in text from Shiko.

Shiko: "we will be packed outside your church by noon"

Me: "great, we must get out the place before the service ends to outsmart her, OK!?"

Shiko: "good"

"It had been a very busy week but I thank God all had been good" was my reply to Father Jackson. "Our God is always faithful, we are the ones to blame" was his response and then proceeded "Adam was directed well by God but due to his laziness, he allowed Eve to go around the garden alone only to fall in the wrong company of the snake - we could be still at the garden of Eden!"

I just looked at open mouthed - how can he blame Adam and he knows very well how that Eve threatened to damp him, if he failed to eat that filthy Apple! He didn't even notice that I was getting confused when he proceeded "you are very lucky because you always go with your wife - don't you know that Ananias could not have died if he had not left his wife behind!?" I just thought by myself - he could read my mind and learn that I will not get back home with him or her.

We are now at the parking lot at the church and the boys are ready to wheel me inside the church. Father Jackson picked his briefcase and moved to his special door, while we got in through the main door.

I stationed myself at strategic place in the church where I had a good view of the main gate so that I can see when Kim and Shiko arrived. I don't even know where my wife is seated, I am missing to meet Shiko - it's almost a year since we saw each other. She is the only girlfriend who didn't leave me after the accident, despite her being warned severally but things cooled when she got married five years ago. But we had been seeing each other once for a while.

The service had just ended when Kim and his team arrived and before the ingine died, I was outside the church. Kim came for me while Bosco was busy setting the car boot. Within less than a minute we were on our way towards Tsavo Inn, where the retirement party is being held. Shiko sat with me at the back while Bosco held the wheel and Kim who was next to him opened a beer and handed it to me. "get charged bro" he told me as he handed it to me. I text my wife "I will be back before sunset, don't worry about me"

We arrived at the party sometime after 2 pm for we remained at the parking lot with Shiko to catch up. She was somehow desperate - her hubby was not giving her what she expected. She explained me through sobs how he had been going for almost a month without sexing her. She regrets why she left her job for him and the godforsaken marriage - which has given her a two year old girl. She almost made me laugh when she explained me how she was thinking of stealing me and hide me somewhere none of my family members will be able to tress me.

The party had started getting better when my wife arrived but lucky enough, Shiko had gone to the washroom and another old friend of mine occupied her seat. I don't understand how she found out where we were but I blame my son who came home early with the car. I am now writing this on my bed missing Shiko. She just text me "happy Father's Day" when she saw me being wheeled out of the party.

Anyway, I am sleepy though I know I won't get to sleep.

Just vote and share