Thace x Reader

aIght i know someone has suggested this and i don't remember but cOnglatulations! you're getting what you wanted!!! sO let's get this chapter going! also there's a bit of an intense make out in here so just,,,warning the children

           The alarms wouldn't stop blaring, sweat fell down your face as you ran. The mask made it easier for you not to be identified, but the real task was just making it off the ship. You let out an angry cry as you sprinted faster, your long, lithe legs carrying you towards your exit point. You rounded the corner and slid in between the legs of a galra guard and kept going. You tossed an explosive on the wall as a distraction and kept going. You were so close, you saw the doors, everyone was goading you to go faster, they had a strict time limit and having a rookie set off the alarms made your day so much better.

You leapt onto the ship just before the doors started to close, you deactivated your mask and your tail lashed side to side. "Alright!" you said obviously winded. "Who set them off?!" you shouted at the crew. Your job was to make sure everyone was doing the right thing at the right time, and everyone pointed to a newbie, Auzrin. His large ears bent down, "I-I'm sor-" you stopped him, "No excuses, you will be talking to Kolivan when we get back," you scolded him. He simply nodded and you went to the cockpit, joining your good friend and partner in crime, Thace.

    Clearing your throat to signal you were there he nodded, walking over you placed a hand on his shoulder. He looked up and smiled at you, placed the ship into autopilot and stood up. You shut the cockpit door so no one could see, he hugged you tightly, "I didn't think I was going to make it," you say into his shoulder. Even though you were a higher commanding officer, because of a recessive gene, you were much shorter than your normal galra companions. Thace hummed and rubbed your back, "You know I wouldn't leave without you," he said softly. You furrowed your brows, you pulled back, "Thace, you know the mission is more important than me right?" you said staring into his eyes. Thace stared back at you with the utmost certainty, "Yes, I do, but that doesn't mean I don't have morals," he said grabbing your shoulders.

Sighing you saw that they were approaching the base, you checked all of the sensors to make sure you weren't being followed at all, once that was clear, Thace made the decent into the base. The ride was turbulent and you clung to Thaces chair as you neared the base. Once you landed you all exited the ship, you walked by Auzrin to take him to Kolivan. Thace caught up to you, "Hey, take it easy, he's only just taken his entrance test, it was his first field mission," he said and you sighed, "I can't go easy on someone just because their new, we live in secret and we do everything quickly and quietly," you say as you approached Kolivan. "Explain yourself," you said calmly to him, Thace sighed as he watched as the three of you discussed what was to happen. After a few minutes you nod, and Kolivan dismisses you two, walking back you smile at Thace, then Kolivan called Thace over. You raise a brow and give him a teasing look, he rolled his eyes, walking over he bowed his head in respect, "Yes Leader?" he asked knowing that you were watching.

"Thace," Kolivan started, "I know that there are many opportunities to prove yourself to the Blade and I've decided, with your excellent work and qualities, you are ready to go into the field as an undercover spy," he said. Thace's eyes widened, "Are you sure?" he said and Kolivan nodded, "Yes, you start next week, prepare yourself to be implemented in as a low level galran soldier," he said and dismissed him. Walking back, he saw you standing there with a hand on your hip, tail lazily swishing on the ground. "What you get in trouble for hm?" you teased, walking with him towards the dorm wing. "I....Well I'm being sent straight into galra territory as a spy," he said and your mischievous look instantly dropped. "What?! Why?!" you nearly shout, he shushed you and quickly stepped into his room, pulling you in. "Thace! What the actual fuck do you mean? Sending you into the field?!" you were starting to panic, you looked up to Thace, he was your best friend....and you wished you could make that something more, but attachments make being in the blade hard. "Kolivan said my qualifications make me a perfect fit, and...I start next week," he said scratching the back of his neck.