|2| Kasari

At that exact moment in time, Jo and Kimari had no idea that a much larger fight was taking place in a city quite a few miles to the south. They also had no idea that the fight had only lasted one minute and eighteen seconds. It had, after all, been ten fully armed warriors against two much less prepared people.

It was just unfortunate for the ten warriors it had been those two people.

"Idiots," the boy sitting on the edge of the wall said, peering down at the water rushing under the bridge on which he sat. His bright red coat fluttered in the slight breeze, sticking out against the dull grey stone around him, acting like a marker as he waited for a certain someone. The reason for his wait was fairly obvious – a quick glance over his shoulder would have shown the five quite unconscious men strewn across one of the main streets of the city of Kasari, and the single dead man who'd had a rather unfortunate landing. He honestly hadn't thought they'd be so breakable considering how far they'd managed to make it into the city. They hadn't even needed to order the gates to be shut by the Division in charge of the walls. "You really thought you could catch us by surprise?"

White light cut through his vision, the sudden flash almost blinding him as he spun to face the brunette who'd appeared next to him. He raised an eyebrow at him, the smirk that'd been forming on his face vanishing at the older man's question. "You didn't get hurt, did you?" he asked, a pair of serious jade green eyes looking him up and down carefully, scanning for any sort of injury.

"What do you think?" He scoffed, scowling at the thought. "Idiot."

The man chuckled, pulling his blue coat further around his chest as yet another cold gust of wind battered the streets. "Nice to see you too, Kimimuri," he said, but the grin soon faded when he spotted the scene in front of him. "You took care of these ones, right?"

"Nah, I just beat them up for the fun of it," Kimimuri muttered. "Jeez. You really are full of stupid questions today, aren't you?"

"Technically you didn't just beat them up – you killed one of them," he mumbled, earning himself another raised eyebrow from his younger subordinate. Kimimuri was more than happy to provide his superior with those regularly.

"You really want to go there?"

"Not particularly," he said, pausing when a loud growl ripped through the air. The sound of tyres screeching against the pavement reached the pair of them, making Kimimuri turn to face his blue coated companion.

"He's a bit late, isn't he?" Kimimuri spoke, falling in step with him when he began walking towards a large five-storey building situated right in the centre of the city. "You were expecting him two hours ago..."

"You know that this delivery was supposed to be top secret, don't you?" he asked, staring down at him with his 'serious face' on – not that the face had ever worked on him. He'd seen the guy flailing around in his office before. It wasn't his fault he could no longer bring himself to respect the older man.

"Maybe." Kimimuri shrugged, scowling only when the glare intensified. "What? I was curious!"

"Curiosity killed the cat."

He tilted his head, staring up at the man with the same blank expression as usual. "Then it's a good thing I'm not a cat. I'm a human. Jeez, Kinryu. I thought you knew the difference..."

"Shut it, Kim," Kinryu said, glaring at him darkly.

"I'm going to say no."

"Shut it," he ordered, "unless you want to help Mizuto with the new recruits once they eventually get here."

"Training some annoying little brats?" Kimimuri snorted. He hated children, and the imbecile knew it. "I'll think I'll give that a pass."

"So why are you still talking?"