Carney and Bart

Horace put a hand of Will's shoulder. "Back away, Will." Horace said quietly.

The man with the club laughed. "Yes, Will, you back away. You stay away from that nasty little bow I see over there. We don't hold no truck with bows, do us, Carney?"

Carney grinned at his companion. "That we don't, Bart, that we don't." he looked back at the two boys and frowned angrily. "Didn't I tell you to drop those sticks?" he demanded, his voice rising is pitch and very, very ugly in tone. 

Alex, noticing that they were ignoring her, reached out and grabbed her bow. She nocked an arrow and pointed the bow and Carney. "Kings Ranger. Drop you weapons, or I will put an arrow threw both of you." Alex yelled at them.

"Your just a girl." Bart said with disgust. Alex tweaked her aim and pointed the bow at a piece of wood next to his foot. She drew and aimed. 

In half a second she had another on her bow string. "Next goes through your leg." she said.

Bart recoiled half a pace. He had never seen such speed and accuracy. She might actually be a Ranger, he thought.

Horace also was surprised. Will, however, seemed to be not impressed. This was what was expected on an Ranger, even an apprentice.

Bart and Carney looked at Alex dumbly. "I said, drop you weapons." Alex said calmly, although her words cut like a whip. 

She looked at Carney again and her eyes went to a green. Then almost in the same instant she was frozen in place. 

She looked at Will and then dropped the bow. Her bow and the arrow on the string, hit the ground with a thud and Alex looked dumbly at it. 

Then she joined it on the ground. She all of the sudden felt as if her legs couldn't bear her weight. She fell to the ground then started having one of the terrifying dreams again. 

She was with Will and Horace, and the blond girl. We were at camp. Then they heard a grunt. Alex's head shot to the way it came. 

Then that faded and she was again in front of the army. Morgarath had oak leaf chain around her neck. Then that broke and there was a gasp of air, hoping that she would get out of there. 

She started running forward, toward Duncan's army. Then there was a hand around her foot. She kicked at the Wargal holding her leg. Then it pulled her off her feet and she fell to the ground with a thud and groan. 

Then she was on her back and she kicked again at the Wargal, trying to crawl backwards. 

The Wargal stood, acting as if she wasn't hurting it. It drug her up and then she was hanging upside down from the Wargals hold. Then it got her other leg in the grip. 

"Let me go, you beast." She screamed at the monster. She punched out at the Wargal. 

Out of her dream Will and Horace freaked out. Alex was laying on the ground yelling and thrashing out. Then she would stop and she would be sweating and pale. She was a deathly pale.

Back in her dream, that faded away. The bridge was there again. Then the girl. Then Horace was in her vision. He was battered, bruised, and bleeding. 

Out of her dream Will yelled at Alex. "Alex! Alex?" he yelled.

Alex yelled out once more. She thrashed her legs and then fell ominously silent. She was still a deathly pale, and she was sweating. 

Will looked at her. The bandits noticed a moment where the other boys' guard was down. They advanced on them. Horace pushed Will away from the bandits. He turned quickly and grabbed his own sword,, quickly unsheathing it.

Ranger's Apprentice: Alex + The Burning Bridge (Discontinued)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara