memory || botw

link quietly rode through the cool night of hyrule ridge, carefully tugging his horse to a stop as he took out his sheikah slate.

he had been trying to regain all of his memories since day one of awakening from his one hundred year nap.
so when link was given the chance to remember his past self, he desperately visited all of the locations given on the slate.

link had been told that most of the pictures taken on the slate were by zelda, but one in particular stood out from the rest.

it was a clear front view of lake illumeni with a saturated sunset reflecting on the waters surface. the forest around it seemed so serene and quiet.

he sighed and set his slate away. he was close to the area now.

link continued riding until he arrived, slowly getting off of his horse as a warm feeling peeked in him.

he strongly recognized the place. he knew that it held significant meaning to him.

link cautiously walked towards the water, stopping a foot away from the edge.
it was the late afternoon and the sun was beginning to set.

as soon as it did, a flurry of feelings filled him as he started to remember.

***

the air was filled with a flowery scent. the girl in front of him had a calm smile on her face as she dipped her feet into the water, a crown made of flowers in her hand.

"thanks for coming, link. im so grateful for you always taking time out of your day to be with me."

link smiled at her and gently rubbed her back, slowly taking in her vanilla aroma.

goddesses, she was a stunning woman in his eyes. every aspect of her made him blush.

" i would give up anything just to be with you."

the [h/c] haired girl quietly laughed.

"you're adorable, link."

she leaned in towards him, faces inches apart.
his eyes were half-lidded, about to close as he spoke one last sentence.

"and you're gorgeous, [y/n].."

and the gap was sealed. the calm ripples of the water could be heard in the background.

***

link stood in place with a couple of tears falling down his face.

he was relieved that he finally knew who the [h/c] haired girl that haunted his dreams was.

[y/n]. her name was [y/n].

link quietly rubbed the tears away and sniffed once, looking over one last time at the lake before getting onto his horse.

he rode away from the area, the night sky not making his tear stained face viewable.

maybe in another life he could've gotten to hold [y/n]'s hand once more.

for now, the only way to see her was in his memories. perhaps it was better that way.

000

WORD COUNT: 466