daze || botw

"you know, staring at me won't bring back your memories."

.
.
.

the breeze of the wind blew through the trees rather calmly. the loudest noise around them was the sound of the horses hooves stepping on the ground.
.
.
.

"i know. you just look pretty."
.
.
.

she stopped her horse, a small laugh escaping past her lips.
the corners of her mouth turned upward, showing the hero a simple smile.

.
.
.

"that's rather bold of you to say- considering i'm technically nothing but a stranger to you now. you don't even know my name."

bitterness dripped from her words.
she felt hurt, and he knew it.

.
.
.

link's ears twitched in response to this. the wind blew his hair out of his face; allowing his blue eyes to glimmer under the sunsets light.
he furrowed his eyebrows, his tone of voice somewhat weak.

.
.
.

"..you were my lover in my past. do you truly expect me to give up so easily on remembering you? i'll remember you and your name if it's the last thing i do."

.
.
.

she was silent for a couple of seconds.
she was caught in between giving him a snarky response, a heartfelt one, or not responding at all.

she opened her mouth slowly, her lips slightly parting.

.
.
.

"..perhaps it's best if you didn't remember me."

.
.
.

the moment he saw her smile drop- he knew not to press any further for today.
link bit the inside of his cheek- keeping his eyes strictly on the path ahead of them.

.
.
.

"you really do look pretty, though."

.
.
.

she harshly gripped the reins to her horse, her eyes flooding with a certain recognition.
choosing her next words wisely- she suddenly spoke once more.

the sentence she released was one that had been repeated many times in the past.

.
.
.

"prettier than princess zelda?"

.
.
.

she looked up to see his reaction- her sad eyes instantly turning to a more concerned look once she saw him.

link blankly stared ahead of them, no certain emotion on his face.

.
.
.

"link?.."

.
.
.

no response.

she quickly got off her horse and approached him, placing both of her hands onto his cheeks.
she spoke more loudly, wanting to snap him back.

"link- goddesses, are you listening to-"

suddenly, he brought his hands up to hers slowly- snapping back from his daze.

.
.
.

"[y/n]."

.
.
.

she froze. hot and cold flashes traveled throughout her body.

link only smiled sadly as he hopped off of his horse. he instantly enveloped her in a tight hug, her body stiffening up.

.
.
.

"your name is [y/n]. i remembered."

.
.
.

teary eyed and regretful, he pulled away from their hug. one of his calloused hands pressed against hers, showing the difference in their hand size.

her eyes were the first to spill the incoming tears.

leaning his head forward, his breath hit against her lips- causing them to both slowly close their eyes.

his smooth voice covered the sound of trees rustling once more.
.

.

.

.

.

.

"and goddesses, you are far more beautiful than princess zelda."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

***
WORD COUNT: 498
[a/n: hi here's some make up fluff for being so inactive lately i'm sorryyyy]