with all the love in the world... || ss

warnings: none

***

    [y/n] had always perceived skyloft as a warm, angelic sanctuary. why would she ever want to leave?

   the sunrise and sunset were the most pleasing views. the clouds would turn an alluring color of pink and soft orange in the afternoon; meanwhile in the morning it was a vibrant purple and yellow.

they were perfect opposites.

  she loved the sounds. she loved the people on it. she loved birds.

she loved skyloft.

but most of all, she loved him, so, so much.
he was there during moments of vulnerability and pain; times of glee and joy.

   but something always stopped her from pouring her heart out to him. she just couldn't do it...it felt wrong, almost.

   "link...thanks for coming with me to watch the sunset. it's a lot more lovely enjoying the view with someone else."

   her [e/c] eyes looked over at the male next to her. a tender smile danced onto her lips as they made eye contact. his eyes were so enthralling...

   "oh, it's no problem at all, [y/n]. being with you is rather comforting so i enjoy doing this."

   his lips formed an upward goofy grin as her mellow laugh filled his ears. a happy sigh escaped her mouth as she ran a hand through her hair, looking away.

    "you're sweet, link."

   the dirty-blonde glanced her way and softly exhaled, feeling all of his worries melt away.
his voice was quiet as a few heartfelt words tickled his tongue.

   "you are too, [y/n]."

   the females eyes turned back to the hero and their eyes met. as they peacefully looked at each other her face contorted to an expression  of...admiration.
the vivid pastel colors of pink and light yellow lit up and darkened his face in the most attractive way.

    it was outstanding.

     the female could hear her heart pounding in her chest. the time seemed almost perfect. perhaps she could confess now- now as the sun's fading rays hit both of their glowing forms.

    it was finally going to happen. why did she even hold back for such a long time?

    she opened her mouth and quietly interrupted the silence between them.

"link...i-"

"link!"

   her heart stopped in her chest and suddenly, [y/n] remembered why she never dared to confess.

      zelda. she is what was stopping her.

   the male's pointy ears perked up at the sound of the familiar voice. he looked away from the [h/c] haired girl and over to the long haired blonde approaching them.

   his enthralling blue eyes lit up at the sight of the girl. [y/n], of course, noticed this.

    he would never look at her like that. 

    link smiled and stood up, a happy, infectious grin appearing on his lips. the approaching female returned the smile and looked at the two with a friendly gaze.

   "hi, zelda. i'm really happy to see you."

oh goddesses, hearing those words come out of his mouth was a slap to the face, especially since they were directed toward someone else.

the observing female was filled with sudden pain as she watched the two interact with each other.

zelda laughed and nodded in agreement, telling link that she was glad to see him as well. she looked over at [y/n] and offered the sitting female a small wave.

"hi, [y/n]! you look pretty today!"

the feeling of jealousy and sadness that the female felt melted away quickly.
she could never hate the blonde maiden in front of her.

[y/n] bashfully offered zelda a grateful smile and stood up, dusting herself off. she swallowed the thick lump in her throat and spoke with a calm tone.

"thanks, z. you're looking as gorgeous as ever too!"

"you're very kind, [y/n]! but anyways, i actually come over here to steal link away. i'd like to speak to him about something important, if you don't mind?"

link and zelda both looked at [y/n] with a curious gaze. link held a certain glint in his eyes that didn't go unnoticed by the girl in question.

he wanted to go with zelda. who was she to hold him back?

[y/n], with a heavy heart, shook her head and waved them off, not wanting to make eye contact with link any longer.

"oh, i don't mind at all! go ahead."

zelda and link happily grinned and started to turn away from [y/n]. zelda waved goodbye to the [h/c] haired girl and offered her a final farewell.

"thanks, [y/n]! have a nice night, okay?"

"i will, thank you."

     as the heartbroken female stood there, she noticed how perfect both of them looked.

   they walked away from her and started their own conversation, leaving her to simply admire how ethereal both of them looked under the luminous pink and orange shadows.

   they were meant to be, she told herself. there was nothing she could do. perhaps she and link never walked on the same path to begin with.

   so, with all the love in her heart-
   no, with all the love in the world,

  she decided to let him go.  

***

WORD COUNT: 860

[a/n: y'all i was not joking when i said i have endless sea of drafts filled with angst that i would finish quickly—]