the melancholy of day-dreaming || la

[a/n: i have only played link's awakening one time and that was a while ago- so please excuse me if i'm off on something!]

"hoooot! the wind fish sleeps long and dreamily in the egg above... when you play the eight siren instruments in front of the egg he will awaken. this, my friend, is the only way for you to leave the island! hoo!"

"marin said you'd be leaving koholint soon."

the blonde nodded, deep in thought. the waves crashed against the shore soundly and the moon reflected onto the deep waters rather nicely.

"uh-huh. i have one last nightmare to defeat before i wake up the wind fish so that he can take me home."

link looked over at his friend, a look of joy covering his handsome features.
the [h/c] haired girl only looked at the water, her stare serious and blank.
she spoke quietly, almost mournfully.

"that's..good. i'm glad you'll be able to return to..hyrule."

speaking the name of an unknown land was strange to her. she didn't like it.
she did, however, tell herself that at least it was ...real.

link took into account her tone of voice and quickly worried, placing a hand onto her shoulder.

"o-oh!- but don't worry, i'll see to it that koholint is mapped so that i can come and visit you, or you can come visit me!.."

he grinned sheepishly, staring at her as she looked up.
a sad smile cracked onto her lips, nodding her head slowly. her tone was nothing but false happiness, but it was happiness nonetheless.

"yeah yeah..of course. that'd be great. i can't wait.."

taking into account her sudden change of voice, link believed she felt better.
the blonde smiled softly and brought the girl into a close side-hug. the sand tickled their bare feet.

the two of them enjoyed the night on the beach together, unknowing that it would be the last time they'd see each other before he left.

but, [y/n] wasn't stupid. she knew this would be their last moments together.

so, she took the risk.
she confessed and kissed the mysterious hero, in which he gladly reciprocated.

"I AM THE WIND FISH... LONG HAS BEEN MY SLUMBER... IN MY DREAMS... AN EGG APPEARED AND WAS SURROUNDED BY AN ISLAND, WITH PEOPLE, ANIMALS, AN ENTIRE WORLD!

BUT, VERILY, IT BE THE NATURE OF DREAMS TO END! WHEN I DOST AWAKEN, KOHOLINT WILL BE GONE...

ONLY THE MEMORY OF THIS DREAM LAND WILL EXIST IN THE WAKING WORLD... SOMEDAY, THOU MAY RECALL THIS ISLAND... THAT MEMORY MUST BE THE REAL DREAM WORLD...

COME, LINK ... LET US AWAKEN... TOGETHER!"

clear blue skies, an ocean breeze, and the sound of squawking seagulls.

link laid on the floating log by himself.
his memory was hazy, and he felt nothing but a deep loneliness.

his blue eyes stared at the deep blue waters. sometimes he would receive fizzy fragments of memory the more he stared.

the main person in them was a girl.

one with pretty [h/c] hair. she also had beautiful [s/c]-colored skin.

a real island beauty.

goddesses, she felt so familiar to him. it was as if her name was on the tip of his tongue, but he could find the correct syllables or letters to say it.

link felt a better sadness come over him- and soon enough, tears of anguish slid down his cheeks.

but, why was he crying?

he didn't know.

link felt lost and confused and all he could clearly remember was the shipwreck and hyrule.

it was as if he had woken up from the wildest dream.

"THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT, IS BUT AN ILLUSION... HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY... A SCENE ON THE LID OF A SLEEPER'S EYE... AWAKE THE DREAMER, AND KOHOLINT WILL VANISH MUCH LIKE A BUBBLE ON A NEEDLE..."

***
WORD COUNT: 678

[a/n: i literally hate myself for writing this but it was in celebration for the upcoming links awakening remake.
stupid game and stupid feelings- it absolutely broke my HEART.]