Worthy

Natasha practically ran into the conference room. "Loki's at the door." "Where's Robin?" Thor asked. "Keeping him busy. We need to hurry, I don't know how long he can stay in his way." The Avengers quickly followed Natasha, worrying for the youngest person.

Dick flipped out of the way of another blast, watching as ice froze on the road. "Seriously? You're just Klarion in green without a cat! Do you know how much I hate fighting you guys?" Dick shouted. "Then get out of my way." "We've been over this! I can't let people get hurt. Who don't you find an empty planet and put your fortress there instead of bringing buildings down?" "I'm not looking for a fortress. I'm looking for revenge."

"What is it with you villains and revenge? Just let it go!" Robin was ready to go home. At least he understood some villains. A guy wearing horns and screaming for revenge wasn't the most confusing thing he'd dealt with lately, but he didn't like to be confused.

Loki had raised his staff when something blasted his feet. Robin looked up to see Tony in his suit, landing beside him. "Took your time." "You're welcome." "I had it handled." "Sure. This is one of our top villains. We have trouble fighting him." "You and I are two different people."

The rest of the Avengers landed beside them, ready to fight. Loki growled, but didn't back down. "Bro, you got the whole squad mad. Good luck." Robin smirked. "Kid, you make no sense sometimes." "Try walking a mile in my shoes." "I would, but they wouldn't fit." "Sure, tin man."

Loki fired a blast of magic at them, which they dodged. To Dick, this seemed way too easy. Not really like Klarion, now that he had a team. Maybe Loki would be a bit easier. Dick could grab a snack after this, granted he didn't end up hurt. Even then, what was stopping him?

Loki managed to pin Thor down, making him drop his hammer. It had an odd calling to him, as if it wanted him to come closer. Dick shook himself out of it, continuing the battle. It was a hammer, it couldn't talk. It wasn't alive. The feeling don't go away.

Dick dodged blast after blast, slowly making his way over to the hammer. Loki paid him no attention, focusing on the heroes. He crouched down by the hammer, definitely feeling something. "Do not try it. Only the ones worthy of ruling Asgard can weild it. Now is not the time." Thor tried to tell him. "Something's calling to me. If I can use it, I'm going to use it to defeat Loki."

Dick wrapped his hands around the handle, slowly peeling it off the ground. He had to stay out of Loki's focus. It would be bad if he didn't. Thor simply stared at him, attention being drawn to the scratches on Robin's arm. There was a slight red glow to them. Dick hissed and grabbed his arm, the scratches burning. There must have been magic in them.

Dick ignored it and laid the hammer down, surveying the area. Loki had his back turned to the youngest, beating the Avengers slowly. After a quick mental plan, Dick snuck towards the magician. If what he remembered about mythology was right, his plan should work.

Dick tapped on Loki's shoulder before slipping around. Loki was in between Dick and the hammer. When Loki went to investigate who managed to get close to him, Dick summoned the hammer. It took a second, but it flew towards the two. The last thing Loki saw was Mjolnir flying towards him before he was knocked out.

Robin helped Thor up, handing him the hammer. "You lifted it." "I had to protect the people." "But you were in pain." Dick looked down at his arm. It was still slightly glowing. "I can't feel it anymore. It's fine anyway. The hammer is yours, not mine." Dick said, rubbing the injured arm. The giant green guy shrunk down, revealing Banner.

He grabbed Dick's arm, gently removing the hand hiding some scratches. "There's magical residue in this. Let me take you to my lab, and I can do whatever I need to do to get it out." Robin nodded, holding his arm again.

Bruce led Dick back into the building, keeping an eye on the boy. He seemed tired, usually lagging a little. Bruce wrapped an arm around his shoulders, keeping him walking. Dick walked along, holding his arm and keeping his head up.

Banner sat Dick in his chair, kneeling down. Dick offered his arm, allowing Bruce the room to do tests and clean it. Bruce applied a disinfectant to the wounds, gently dabbing to keep himself calm. The Big Guy was still angry for Loki attacking the child. Dick could sense the anger building up in Bruce.

"Bruce? Do you need to stop?" He asked quietly. "No. If I stop, I'll get angry, and it won't be good." "Hulk runs on anger?" "Yeah. Doing something keeps me calm enough to keep doing out." "What is he angry at?" "Loki attacking you." "Me?" "Yes. Everyone seems to have a soft spot for you, especially Natasha. She doesn't let anyone on her trapeze."

"I don't think Fury does." "Fury always keeps himself distanced, so he doesn't get attached to anything. Don't take it personally." "I try not to. But I'm a people person, and when someone doesn't like me, I wonder if I've done something wrong." "You haven't done anything wrong, it's just him. Besides, he's had a bad week." The point was made by Fury storming in. "How did you lift the hammer?"

Robin and the avengers crossoverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें