(1) New School

Lance's POV

I just moved into town and it's actually pretty nice here. I already started to unpack my stuff the minute I stepped into my new room. As I was unpacking my mom walked into the room "How's it going hijo?" She asked. "Good, how about you?" I asked as I was still unpacking and moving things around. "Pretty good. So, are you excited for your new school?" My mom was always the kind of mom that would be in your business all the time. She actually asked my that same question about three times today. "Yeah, I guess," I responded with a slight sigh, I wasn't super piped about school because with the whole move thing I had to say goodbye to my old friends from my old school and I really missed them actually. "Cool, well just to let you know that dinner is going to be ready in half an hour," then she left the room to go down stairs.

Once as I finished unpacking I flopped down on my bed went on my phone. I was just scrolling through my instagram checking on how my friends where doing. I wish I could text them but our internet wasn't that good, my instagram was acting up a lot. "Dinner is ready!" I hear my mom call from down stairs. So I slump off my bed and head down stairs to start eating. I have a really big family so we had to put two tables together to fit all of us. I have two brothers, Marco and Luis, a sister, Veronica, my mom, my dad, and my abuela. I'm squished in the middle with Luis and Veronica being older and Marco being the youngest.

When I was finished eating I went back up to my room and sat down on my desk chair next to my laptop. I was quite bored and I was spinning around in my chair, fiddling with a ball in my hands. Then I heard a ring from my laptop so I opened it to see that I got an e-mail from one of my old friends.

puddin_pants24: So, how's the new town? Are you enjoying the city life?

loverboy_lance: Quite boring actually. How's life without me, do you miss me yet?

puddin_pants24: Yeah, it isn't really that entertaining here anymore. Diego is trying to get us to do stupid stuff that you'd make us do but it isn't really working.

loverboy_lance: I didn't make you do stupid stuff! I made your lives more interesting!

puddin_pants24: Yeah, ok, sure you did. Sorry dude my mom's calling, I gtg.

loverboy_lance: Bye.

I looked at the alarm clock beside my laptop and it was 11:38. I decided to go to bed now so I could have enough energy for my first day. I know that I'm not exactly excided or anything about the new school, but I don't really want to have a bad reputation. Plus, maybe if I get there a bit early I can impress the ladies.

I was awoken by my alarm clock, it was 6am. I got up and a did the essentials, I got dressed, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and stuff like that. I looked at the clock, it was 7:42. I went down stairs and grabbed my backpack and an apple for breakfast. "Bye people!" I yelled as I walked out the door "Bye hijo! Have a good first day!" My mom called after me as I waved goodbye. I hopped into my car and drove to school, by the time I got there it was 8 o'clock.

I parked my car and got out. There was surprisingly, a lot of people that were crowding the court yard. I already kinda knew my way around the school since once in the summer the principal gave me a tour. I looked at my phone because I had my schedule saved on there, and I was looking for my home room number. As I was walking I wasn't looking where I was going and I bumped into someone causing me to drop my phone on the ground. "Watch it!" They called as I scrambled to my phone. I looked up to see who I bumped into but they already walked away I have no idea who they were.

I stood up and brushed it off. Thank god no else saw that, or at least no one was laughing. I kept walking to my home room, while making sure I knew where I was going so I didn't bump into anyone else. I was muttering the room numbers to myself as I walked by until I made it to my home room. When I walked in I noticed that half of the class was already in there. I sat down in the middle of the room because no one was really sitting around there. I pulled out my phone so I had something to do to pass the time. But there was no service, so I had to just kind of stare off into space.

As I was sitting in my spot, someone came with someone I assume was there friend and they sat beside me. I didn't think much of it because they didn't really talk to me, and it's not really like I wanted to create small talk either. I was staring off into space when I saw some kid come in with black hair that was styled into a mullet, who has mullets these days? He was wearing mostly black with a cropped red jacket over top. I had no idea why on earth he would be wearing a jacket right know, it was actually quite hot outside.

"Stop staring at me freak," I jumped of my daze and looked away embarrassed. The whole class giggled at his comment and I looked down at my feet. "Hey, don't worry about it. Keith is just a loner kid," the guy sitting beside me commented. "I'm Hunk by the way," he said as he stretched out his hand. "I'm Lance," I said as I shook his hand. "Hunk, shut up!" Keith snickered as he propped his feet on his desk. "Why don't you stop ease dropping Keith!" I snapped back and everyone 'oohed'. Little did I know that that was a big mistake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of my book so far? please comment if you want more because if you don't like it, I probably won't keep writing it.

Word count:1074