(4) Suspended

Keith was sitting in his room, bored completely out of his mind. He had been suspended 7 days out of 10. Shiro, his caretaker, didn't let Keith have anything to entertain himself. Shiro wasn't exactly Keith's parent or brother or related to Keith in anyway but, he still looked after him since his mother left him and his father pasted when he was only 8 years-old.

So, here Keith was, all by himself and alone with his thoughts. Keith usually was  online, playing with the little friends he had on there. But with no computer, phone, or TV, Keith was completely, utterly, broken to pieces with boredom.

Shiro was off volunteering at a children's home while Keith was trusted to stay at home. Shiro was always a helpful guy, he was kind, selfless, helpful, optimistic, and just someone that people would call a "polymath". Technically it means that Shiro is good at everything. The school Keith went to, witch was Shiro's former high school, even had a plaque for Shiro that said "best graded student" under his name.

Keith could admit, he was a little jealous of Shiro being great at everything and Keith having a hard time even just talking to people. Of course Keith would never, ever admit it to Shiro.

Keith could have honestly just got out of his room and grab his laptop and phone right out of Shiro's closet (where Shiro thinks he can hide them). But Keith oddly felt a pain that he hasn't felt in a while, guilt? Keith had no idea why but he felt like he deserves to have some sort of punishment for socking a kid in the nose.

Although Keith knew that he did deserve something that was much worse then a ten day suspension for not only punching a kid, but for the countless times he's done stupid stuff like this, he wanted to feel like he's somewhat, sort of, not that much, learned his lesson. Or at least something like that.

Keith didn't know why Shiro was always helping Keith, he didn't do anything to really deserve it, especially not when it comes to all the troubles he's gotten himself into. Shiro just helped Keith through all of the times he's needed it, even if he doesn't ask for it. Maybe this was the reason Keith wasn't fighting the fact that he had stayed in his room for 7 days and is staying for 3 more. To show Shiro that he knows that he fucked up, and deserves to be punished a little.

Keith looked over to his bedside alarm clock, 1:23pm. Keith groaned at the fact the Shiro wasn't coming home till it was 5:30, if he was lucky. Shiro always says that he'll be home around 5:30 but he rarely, ever, actually comes home around that time.

Keith decided that to pass the time he'd try drawing. It may sound a little stereotypical for a loner with no friends to be a good artist but it's easy to see why. If you have all this time alone, with mostly just your thoughts and imagination to keep you company, drawing is an easy way to express yourself in the most unsociable way possible.

Keith wasn't the best at drawing. It's not like he could draw the Mona Lisa or anything as good as that. But he was actually decently good at drawing. When he was a foster child who got passed on to another family almost yearly (sometimes monthly), you had quite a bit of time on your hands.

Since Keith was moving a lot and he didn't have much stuff to carry with him, he didn't waste time on making friends, he didn't waste time on getting attached to foster parents, so he was always alone.

The forth or fifth time Keith had been moved to a new home, he stopped trying to fit in, he stopped wanting to make friends, he stopped hoping for a permanent home. But when he was placed into this new home with the most beautiful dog in the world, he couldn't help but get attached. That was probably one of the biggest regrets Keith has ever had. Because just like the previous caretakers, Keith moved to a family. He begged for the family to keep him, let stay with the dog, but the family just didn't care, the kicked out to the new family. That's why Keith has so many walls, and Shiro is the only one who was able to get past them.

When Keith first meet Shiro he was still a hopeless little edgy tween. But although Keith didn't want to get attached to Shiro, he did. Shiro was just so positive and had an upbeat personality. He encouraged Keith to be himself, to gain hope and faith in things, to keep going. Keith toke his advice and finally felt happy again. Until, people started putting Keith in Shiro's shadow. When Keith started showing emotion people started comparing him to Shiro. It wasn't just other students but also the teachers as well. Then Keith started crawling back into his shell and became closed to the world again. (Oof, Alexa play despacito). XD

It was already the beginning of the school year and Keith already got himself suspended. And it was all that boys fault, what was his name again, Lance? Keith heard the teacher say his name as she and Hunk dragged him to the nurses office. It wasn't Keith's fault that Lance was staring at him, it wasn't Keith's fault Lance wouldn't shut up, it wasn't Keith's fault that Lance wouldn't take a hint and back off like Hunk was telling him to. But it was Keith's fault for punching his face into a bookshelf.

When the school called Shiro because Keith stormed home, Shiro wasn't mad, it was much, much worse. Shiro was just disappointed. It doesn't sound worse but to Keith it was. Keith always looked up to Shiro ever since he started getting close to him. So making someone you look up to disappointed in you makes you feel guilty.

The school threatened to expel Keith but Shiro was able to talk the principal into a "second" chance. Keith just had to make through the school year without sending a kid to the E.R. like he did all the previous years. That was going to be hard but it was probably doable. Keith would be able to do it as long as  that Lance kid didn't interfere with him for the rest of the year.

—————————————————————
Word count: 1099
I'm so sorry about this overdue update I'll try to update faster this summer.