(8) A Fight?!

Previously,
As Lance noticed that Keith was being surrounded by the football team, he was surprised and nervous. And as the captain of the team was about to throw a punch, Lance stepped out of the corner and yelled "Stop!"
Continue...

As Lance stood there, regretting not thinking about it first, everyone turned to look at him. He gulped as they all stood in silence, it was getting a little awkward.

"Who the hell are you?" One of them asks. Lance scrambled to find the the words, what was he supposed to say? It wasn't like Keith and him were 'bffs' or anything like that. Was he just supposed to say that they're most likely enemies. "I-I'm a student," He said quickly and without thinking, again. "Oh, so you think you're a smart ass, huh?" The team captain said, forgetting about Keith. Which was, in a way, what Lance sort of wanted. But it wasn't going to well for him.

The guy approached Lance, standing about a head taller then him. "So you think you're smart, huh?" He scoffed "let's see how smart you'll be when I send you to the E.R." And with that the guy raised his fist getting ready to punch. Lance tried to block it by putting his hands up in front of his face, it didn't work as well as he thought and the guy ended up punching Lance right in the nose.

Lance fell back onto the floor, clutching his bloody nose with one hand while the other was propping himself up.

"What the hell asshole?!" Keith yelled at the guy, defending Lance a bit. "This fight is between you and me so leave him alone," Keith warned although he probably couldn't care less if Lance got hurt, but it's not like he'd just watch him get beaten up, that would've been just cruel. There also wasn't really a fight to begin with, it wasn't his fault that girl got high and started flirting with him and now he's paying for it. Keith couldn't even fight him if he wanted to, not unless he wanted let Shiro down by getting expelled.

Lance was kind of shocked that Keith was sort of standing up to him, he thought that Keith would've definitely wanted Lance to get beaten up or hurt in some way, since Lance did get him suspended. But now the guy looked angry, and all of his friends were just awkwardly standing in the background, not really doing anything.

The guy looked at Keith and then looked to his gang of friends? Teammates? They just looked like they were probably forced into this. "You guys take care of the smart ass over here while I take care of that one," the guy says as he gestures to Keith.

The guys behind Keith start to walk closer to Lance as the other one was walking over to Keith. Lance knew that Keith was handy capable of defending himself, heck Lance knows what it feels like when Keith defends himself. But for some reason he still decided to do it, Lance started to get up off the ground, and then for some reason he was walking up behind the guy who was about to beat Keith up. And then, as if Lance's brain had completely left his skull. Lance punched the guy in the cheek.

Everyone stood there in shock, the guy frozen holding his cheek, not knowing what to do. Lance had no idea what he was doing, standing there, just staring at the guy he just punched. Lance almost forgot about his bloody nose until it hit his lips. The taste of metallic on his tongue brought him back to his senses, he realized what he just did, he also realized that it was a horrible idea.

The guy slowly turned his face to look at Lance, disbelief written all over it. Lance was frozen still, just like a deer in headlights. As they were awkwardly staring at each other, all of a sudden the clenched fist, and punched Lance to the ground.

The guy was infuriated. Keith shoved the guy that just punched Lance and yelled "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!" And with no explanation, the dude turned around with his fist held high in the air, hitting Keith causing him to take a few steps back before stumbling down to the ground.

Everyone was in disbelief on what was happening, Lance was trying to fix his jaw position, since the guy hit it so hard The it felt like it shifted out of place. Meanwhile, Keith was trying to make his way closer to the lockers so that he could sit up properly.

The dude looked up at his friends, breathing so hard that it looked like he was either going explode or pass out. "DON'T JUST STAND THERE, GET 'EM!" He yelled so loudly, that a teacher was able to hear them all the way from the cafeteria. So the teacher came rushing over (since that's their job) to see Lance and Keith on the ground covered in scraps and bruises, a very angry football team captain raging at his teammates, and that's when the teacher yelled "What on Earth going on here?!"

Everyone stopped to look at the teacher as she used a walkie talkie to inform the other teachers (and the nurse) on what's going on. Suddenly two teachers and the were coming down the hallway, the teachers all were hold back and trying to come down the guy as the nurse helped Keith and Lance get up. The nurse toke them down to her office as the other teachers were taking the other guy to the principal.

___________________________________
Word count: 957
Ok that's it for today's chapter, I'm still amazed that this book made it to 1k views. I hope you enjoyed it even though it was a little shorter. My updates might be late or a little shorter moving on since I'm back at school. Have a wonderful life time xp. <3