Prelude 3: Uprising Tide

Blood was coming out of the boy's mouth. His eyes were looking at the void. One of the hand was holding the captain's precious Flintlock that he loaded before dying. His whole body was sweaty and his jacket had been stained by red liquid.

The captain took the loaded flintlock, then closed the eyes of Clarence. He would have been a great pirate, he knew it. He could even have been his quartermaster. Sadly, he died too young to see how much potential he had.

He was a bit sad, since the little boy saved is life two minutes ago. It wasn't that much sad for him to cry in tears though. Clarence was aware of the danger and still continued the dangerous pirate life. Now is life will never be forgotten in the piracy history, being the most courageous young pirate he never knew.

The captain finished his prayers to the deceased corpse, then took any valuable item he could take as a memory of his life. Sadly, nothing except his hatchet was really important for Clarence. The only thing he cherished before his death was the captain's own pistol. After the inspection, he threw away the young boy's body into the infinity of the oceans.

When he got back from his thoughts, someone said;

-Hey captain! Said one of his pirate. What do we do about half of the people that you killed?

He seemed enraged, like if someone took away all of the poor pirate's gold. Strangely, he wasn't the only one who seemed angry at the captain. In fact, the whole ship was furious.

-What did you just say? Tested the captain. I killed half of the crew? You mean that I saved the other half of the team!

The captain didn't have time for this dumb conflict. He needed to check for the boat's damage. After all, it was a Frigate. It was an expensive ship but fortunatly superior to other ships. Sadly, another pirate still didn't listen to him, and said;

- You knew that this would happen, don't you? You risked the life of many of our teammates! And you proclaim yourself the captain of this ship?

- They knew the risk and went anyway. I even told that they weren't forced to do it.

-Liar! Said someone else. It's all your fault! The cannons were forced to shoot because of your stupid orders!

-I even bet that you killed them to have less people to pay, claimed another pirate. You deserved to die out there in the gray ship!

- You had more pity on the kid you saved than the dozen of pirates you killed yourself! You only have control of us when in battle, but you can't even do it right, you imcompetent!

- These were like a family to everyone! What makes us say that you won't do the same thing again?

Everyone was shouting left and right. The captain couldn't leave, since he got circled by all of his crew. Even his first mate was attacking him agressively. It was a pure mayhem that even a maelström would be hard to hear.

The captain was boiling in rage. With a sudden move, he aimed the bronze pistol into the sky and opened fire. The blast alerted all the enraged crew. They stopped talking in shock and fear.

-Now listen up you little feaking quims! If I did not had invaded this bunterish ship, you drabs would have been the ones frigging the fire ship! Do you understand or do I need to make you kiss the gunner's daughter, because it would be a fecking pleasure for me to do it to you three-penny uprights!

the bucanners were astonished. They never saw any captain angry. Well, anybody who did were either dead or regretting his choices in prison. It was an even bigger surprise for the case of BloodSight. Nobody saw him irritated before, and his words hit home to some of the crew.

After the surprise passed, someone courageous said;

- You crossed the line you dirtbag!

He then took his cutlass and pointed the tip of the sword into the captain's chest.

- How dare you betrayer ask me for a duel, replied the captain. I am the leader here and it won't change!

Before the captain could do anything, numerous cutlasses and hatchets were turned into the captain.

-You killed them all, said the courageous pirate. You will now learn how it feels to be stabbed in the back by your leader!

The captain immediatly realized what is happening. A mutiny had been prepared by some power-hungry mates and arranged by his first mate. They convinced everyone that the captain doomed half of the team for his own benefits.

He couldn't even do anything. He put away his weapons in the gray ship and the flintlock as shot his bullet. He also was hurt at the right shoulder and blood was dripping away from the wound.

They escorted the captain into the border of the Frigate. He now knew that it would be the end of him. His body will float, then fall into the depth of the seas, never to be found again. Maybe he would be remembered as a well-known pirate that would be powered by legends and myths, crazier to one another.

-Any last words, scallywag? Said the new captain bluntly.

-You will pay one day. Being promoted as captain in this dirty way will only get you trouble, answered the captain.

The traitor didn't care. Without remorse, he took away all of the captain's valuable items, leaving him with only a poor shirt and a brown torn pants. After that, for a bit of time, nothing happened. Only the sound of the waves were heard.

Then, the captain felt like he was being pushed. They lauched him into the water like if he was a vulgar tissue. The ex captain didn't even made an effort to try to get out of the water. He knew that one way or another, he would drown in a painful and slow way. Water started getting inside his lungs. He began to struggle to get back to the surface, fighting to be able to breathe.

After that, nothing. Black void was the only thing that Tylor saw. There was nothing that he felt. No pain, no emotions, just void. Somehow, he knew that he was still alive. Sadly, he also knew that it won't last for long.

He lost it all. Everything he fought hard through twenty years of his worthless life, he lost it over a stupid mutiny. One coward who only wanted meaningless power destroyed a whole generation of hard work.

 For years, he feared that moment, where he would die at the peak of his life. Unfortunately, he experienced for the first time of his life and for the rest of his death, he thought. It won't end yet though, because one more thing will happen.

The journey of Tylor Claridge now began.