Ring ring, its Sam

Will sighed as Lennox signed off the com. N.E.S.T didn't know where Sam was either. They didn't have time for this!

"Why." He muttered softly, leaning against Ironhide's dashboard. "Why was he just allowed to go home unchecked? Who allowed that 'Hide?" He asked, not really expecting an answer.

Hide didn't provide one. What could he say? He just reved his engine in frustration. When they found the kid, he was NEVER leaving the base again.

Sam slowed to a limp, half gasping for breath and half sobbing. Tears streaked down his face as the early morning wind made them almost freeze to his face, or at least thats how it felt. Blood flowed down, dripping onto his clothes and onto the ground. Sam could feel every single wound on his body, and there were many.
Stopping, Sam leaned into a tree, feeling a light downpour wash over him.

His mind was reeling, unable to understand. How had this happened? A flare of pain in his palms drew his attention downwards. Blue liquid dripped from his hands, his burns emenating a glowing pale green light. Sam stared at his palms, his eyes wide.

"Oh Jesus fuck." He muttered, body stiffening.

He couldn't go to a hospital. Who knows what they would do to him. No. He needed to get back to tue base. Back home, to Bumblebee.

"Oh god, Bumblebee!" He shouted.

He had completely forgotten! Bumblebee and the other Autobots had no idea where he was! Oh, he was going to be in so much trouble...

Sam trudged on, the forest becoming dark as the rain increased. He stumbled forward, foot nearly catching on a root. Something deep inside his chest stirred slightly, leading him like a compass. Sam sighed and hugged himself. It would be a long walk.

It was dark when Sam finally found his way out of the woods and into civilization. He hadn't stopped walking the whole time, just barely staying conscious. He slowly shuffled over to a dimly lit phone booth. Stepping inside, he collapsed against the dingy glass sides. Blood smeared the surface as Sam slid down, resting his head.

After a minute or so, he heaved himself up, stumbling as he did so. Sam fished some cash out, putting it into the well used machine. He quickly dialed Lennox's number, seeing darkness creep into his vision.

Lennox jolted awake at the sound of his phone ringing. He groaned and sat up, leaning against the soft leather of Ironhide's seats. His hands fumbled sleepily for his phone. He raised it to his ear and pressed accept.

"Mnrhh hello? This better be important..." He muttered, stifling a yawn.

"Sorry if i woke you Lennox, but i could really use some help." A voice said, sounding weak and static like.

Lennox flew up, suddenly very awake. Ironhide screeched to a halt, already tracking the call and alerting the others.

"SAM?! JESUS KID WHERE DID YOU GO?!" He yelled.

Sam seemed to try to answer, but he was cut off by a horrifying coughing fit. Sam was wheezing for breath when he was done.

"Will, ive got the phone signal. He's in a small town about a mile away from the Boreal forest." Ironhide said, spinning and driving North, going as fast as he dared.

Lennox breathed out a sharp breath. That would take them a while.

"Okay, listen kid. We are coming to get you. Try and stay warm and conscious." He said, quickly alerting the others out searching to head back to base.

Sam coughed weakly this time. "Sorry Lennox, but I can't. Just one more thing before i pass out, please don't take me to a hospital, they can't help me now." Sam said, voice fading at the end.

Lennox paled slightly. "No no no no, Sam?! Sam, you've got to stay awake! Sam? Sam answer me god dammit!" He swore, clutching his phone tightly.

Nothing.

Ironhide revved his engine again, increasing his speed. Lennox could hear bursts of static chirps and beeps that hurt his ears coming from the radio. He wondered if Ironhide had been talking to someone.