Wakey Wakey~

SparkStarter growled at the space where Malum had been. She gently cradled the destroyed world, watching sadly as it crumbled into dust. At least its inhabitants weren't suffering-

The femme dropped the remaining dust, her optics widening in sudden realization.

"I FORGOT TO HEAL THE BOY!"

At first, Sam thought it hadn't worked, that he had gotten stuck in the void somehow. But as feeling slowly returned, he found that he could anchor himself to the living world.

Then the pain came.

The pain, oh Primus the pain. He gave a shuddering gasp as his lungs forced themselves to work, his body trying desperately to restart itself. He opened his eyes, only to be greeted by a stabbing light. He winced and grit his teeth, an action that had pain erupting in his jaw. When he opened his eyes again, the light didn't try to assault his eyeballs, instead choosing to allow his vision to return to him. He could now hear and see Ironhide trying to restrain a thrashing Bumblebee. The yellow bot was crying, fat tears tinted with blue streamed down his faceplates. He was screaming in his staticky, still healing voice. He could make out his name and pleads for Ironhide to release him.

Something stirred inside Sam, reaching towards his guardian. It met what felt like a spiky, electric wall, and Sam winced again, a silent whimper escaping his nearly unmoving form. He was still in very deep trouble, and he needed help. Now.

Taking in a deep breath, he mentally prepared himself for what he had to do next. He slowly lifted his arm, straining against his screaming muscles. Hot, fiery pain was all he felt, but he knew that he might not get another chance at living. Curling his shaking hand into a weak fist, he closed his eyes and brought his fist down onto the metal table as hard as he could.

The pain he felt was enough to make him pass out for a few seconds, but the desired effect was almost immediate. All optics in the room snapped to him, and in that brief moment of silence, Bumblebee broke out of Ironhide's vise-like hold.

"S-sam..? SAM!" Bumblebee cried, appearing suddenly beside the injured human.

Sam gave him a weak smile as the spikey, electric wall went down, letting a whole flood of emotions wash in.

Worried. Relieved. Happy. Overwhelmed. Grateful. Desperate. Protective.

Next came Ironhide and Ratchet. Ironhide began apologizing for not getting to him faster and asking, "How the pit are you alive kid?!" over and over again. Ratchet was hooking all kinds of wires and tubes up to him, clicking and beeping in Cybertronian. Soon, he felt the pain leave his body as a sleepy feeling came over him. He blinked tiredly up at Bumblebee and shifted a smidge closer, trying to articulate what he wanted through what actions he could perform, seeing as how words were now beyond his foggy mind. His guardian crooned softly and gently pet his hair, his face so close that Sam could see all the tiny details in his blue optics. Sam leaned in closer, snuggling into Bumblebee's cheek as he drifted into blissful unconsciousness.

Sam blinked awake, finding himself back in his dragon form. SparkStarter was floating in front of him, a sheepish look on her face. He glared at her.

"What happened to sending me back completely healed?" He snapped.

"I'm sorry little one, I got... distracted." She hissed the last part, glaring at a corner of the sparkling void.

Sam quirked an eyebrow but said nothing. "So... am I dead again? Or is this just going to happen every time I fall asleep?"

"No, you aren't dead and no not every time. Only when I want to tell you something."

"What did you want to tell me?"

"Sorry. For not healing you. Sorry for allowing you to suffer, even after you agreed to help..."

SparkStarter trailed off, the ancient femme suddenly seeming very young. Her wings drooped, and her shoulders slumped as a guilt-ridden frown came over her face. Sam gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Hey, its okay. I know you didn't mean to not heal me. You gave me a chance to LIVE, and that is more than enough." He assured, placing a shiny paw on her shoulder.

SparkStarter smiled and patted his paw in silent thanks. A calm quiet came over the void.

"...Want to play marbles using dimensions?"

"Hell yes!"