Setbacks

It had been a few hours since the Sound Four, Kimimaro, and Himika had left Konoha and the sun had already risen. They weren't very far from Konohagakure, but they were already experiencing setbacks. Himika could smell several people following them, they were all familiar scents, except for what she could only assume was the scent of a dog. She quickly moved up to warn Tayuya of the approaching enemies.

"We're being followed." Himika whispered to Tayuya.

"I know." She whispered back, turning to face the others. "Be ready for a fight if we run into any other ninja."

"Hai." Everyone replied, nodding their heads at the new plan.

Himika didn't bother to inform them that she recognized who was coming, she hated to admit it, but she still cared for her old teammates and classmates. She of course wouldn't hesitate to harm them, but only because she wasn't on their side anymore. She could tell by their scent exactly who was coming, it was Naruto, Neji, Choji, Kiba, his dog Akamaru, Shikamaru, Lee, Gaara of The Desert, and a ninja dog who she couldn't recognize by scent. It was obvious to her that they had been set up as a team to get Sasuke back, Gaara most likely tagging along.

They traveled undisturbed for around another hour before they were blocked by the team of Konohagakure genin, not counting Shikamaru, who had just recently become a chuunin.

Naruto, being the hot headed idiot that he is, immediately stepped forward to confront Himika, growling in anger.

"You again?!" Naruto yelled, pointing an accusing finger at Himika. "What are you still doing with the enemy?!"

"Are you really that stupid Naruto?" Himika asked, not expecting an answer. "I am the enemy."

"She's right Naruto." Shikamaru sighed, walking forward. "Lady Tsunade already announced her as a rogue ninja."

Himika was surprised, although her face didn't show it. She didn't expect the new Hokage to make her a rogue ninja this soon.

"Give Sasuke back!" Naruto suddenly yelled, his face twisted in anger.

Tayuya smirked. "We didn't take Sasuke. He came on his own will." She announced.

"Sasuke would never do that!" Naruto retorted.

"But he did." Himika stated.

"I don't believe you!" Naruto yelled.

"Fine then, don't believe me." Himika said.

Tayuya looked at the sun before scoffing in annoyance.

"If we get held back like this we won't make it back before dark." Tayuya said in annoyance.

"I've got this." Jirobo stated, stepping forward and handing the wooden box with Sasuke in it to Kidomaru.

"Catch up to us later then." Tayuya said. "Everyone else follow me."

Everyone followed after Tayuya, Himika taking a quick glance back at her old friends before leaping away with the rest of the group. They traveled in silence for ten minutes before they were stopped again, this time Konoha's genin team missing Choji.

"I guess Jirobo couldn't hold all of them back." Tayuya muttered.

"Don't worry Tayuya, I'll hold them back." Kidomaru said, flashing an arrogant smile and handing the box to Sakon (or was it Ukon?).

"You'd better come back." Tayuya scolded before leaping away again.

Neji stepped forward, deciding that he would fight the six armed man. Not much of a gap was between the two squads, maybe a five minute gap at most.

"These ninja are annoying." Tayuya muttered.

Not even a minute after she said that, they had already caught up again. Tayuya's eyebrow twitched, a clear sign of annoyance.

"I guess it's our turn." Sakon (or maybe Ukon) said, speaking for both heads.

They handed the box containing Sasuke to Tayuya, Tayuya strapping it securely onto her back. Kiba decided to be the one from 'Team Naruto' to fight their new foe, or foes with Akamaru.

Tayuya leapt away again, making the remainder of her team follow her. She  looked back at her ever-shrinking team, now the only people remaining were herself, Kimimaro, and Himika, not counting Sasuke who was still in the wooden box.

Tayuya picked up the pace slightly, hoping to gain some distance between the two teams.

"I'm going to hang back to stop them." Kimimaro said, not waiting for an answer.

Tayuya gave him a curt nod before continuing, with only Himika following her.

Kimimaro took on Lee and Gaara, leaving only Shikamaru and Naruto to go after Sasuke. Pakkun, one of Kakashi's ninja dogs, tracked Sasuke's scent and lead them towards Himika, Tayuya and Sasuke.

Himika could smell them getting closer, she sped up to match Tayuya's pace so she could warn her. Tayuya looked over in concern.

"What's wrong?" Tayuya asked, slightly slowing her pace.

"Two people are approaching and a dog." Himika replied. "It's the jinchuriki and the Nara, along with a ninja hound."

Tayuya calmed her breathing and began thinking of what to do, running different scenarios in her head, attempting to find the best way to eliminate the setbacks.

"I'll wait here to slow them down, you take Sasuke and go ahead." She ordered, taking the sealed box and passing it off to Himika.

"Hai." She replied before releasing her kagune.

She used her kagune to hold the box that contained Sasuke, finding it much easier to travel having her hands free. Five minutes went by, then ten, then fifteen, slowly the gap was getting larger. Even though she was quite a distance away, she couldn't help the heavy feeling growing in her chest.

Back with Konohagakure's mostly genin team things were not looking good. Choji was close to being dead after having to take one of his clans special food pills. Neji was in a similar situation to Choji and was very close to dying. Kiba and Akamaru were both in very bad shape, Sakon and Ukon had managed to beat them pretty badly. Shikamaru's fight with Tayuya had only just begun, but he was already nearing his limit using his clans jutsu so much.

Even though things look bad for Konoha, Jirobo, Kidomaru, Sakon and Ukon were already dead.

Himika had stopped moving, the box Sasuke was inside began to radiate a dark chakra. She placed the box down on the nearest branch and began removing the seals. Almost immediately after she removed the seals Sasuke jumped out of the box and stood on the branch, looking like a completely different person.

Sasuke's skin had turned a sickly gray color, his eyes now gold and black, his hair a dark blue color and long, and a black cross pattern in the center of his face going across his nose.

It had only been a few seconds since Sasuke had gotten out of the small box, but Naruto had just showed up and he was more than angry.

A/N

So yeah, in my opinion I think this was a really bad chapter, but next chapter will be the big Sasuke vs. Naruto battle, but this time with an added character! I'm actually looking forward to writing that chapter, I think I'm pretty good at writing about battles (when I go into detail at least)!