Chapter Ten: The Last - Part 2

It took ages for the crowd to disperse once Superman and Supergirl actually got into the Citadel, and once they finished their business with the Guardians, they decided to meet up with Hal who currently waited for them on the roof of his Contingen...

It took ages for the crowd to disperse once Superman and Supergirl actually got into the Citadel, and once they finished their business with the Guardians, they decided to meet up with Hal who currently waited for them on the roof of his Contingent's recreation deck.

"Ahoy down there!" Clark's voice called.

Hal smiled as he looked upward and spied the two graceful forms of Kal-El and Kara Zor-El as they lowered themselves out of the sky.

"You're still every grandpa's favourite Justice Leaguer, alright." Hal quipped.

Superman was about half a head taller than Hal and about twice as muscled. That's what thirty years of yellow sun radiation does to a Kryptonian. His jet-black hair was windswept, with that all too iconic loose handful of curled strands hanging down on the frame of his face.

His cousin was just as perfect looking as he was. Kara was technically sixteen years older than Kal and sent to Earth at the same time, but due to her shuttle entering a wormhole, she arrived on Earth when Kal was already established as Superman. Right now she was seventeen and about an inch shorter than Hal. Her time in the yellow sun was beginning to show after a year of living with Kal on Earth; she had shot up in height in recent months and her muscles were beginning to get sharper. Hal reckoned by the time she was in her mid-twenties she'd look just as tough as Diana.

Her face always reminded Hal of a 1950s pin up girl; easy on the makeup, rosy, and framed by shoulder-length golden blonde hair. It was the result of remnants of Kryptonian culture that she still clung to. That was apparently their style.

"'Sup, Top Gun?" Kara joked as she came in for a high five.

Hal casually high fived the girl and retorted "Hey, sounds like baby Kal's showing you all the good stuff."

"I dunno if I'd call anything 'Tom Cruise' good." Kara joked as she planted her hands on her hips.

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that. So what's the sitch?" Hal said with cheer as he approached Clark and they locked their hands together in a firm shake.

Superman promptly released the handshake and prepared to summarise their meeting with the Guardians. "The storm is approaching from dead space in between galaxies. When it closes in on ours, Kara and I will need to apply counter rotations to sap its strength away. It's pretty straight forward. Might take a few Earth days for us to manage though."

"Yeah." Kara added. "It's due in next month I think."

"Okay, it's good to have notice for once. I can cover Metropolis for you while you're gone."

"Thanks Hal, I really appreciate it." Clark thanked warmly. He was the type of guy that made you feel just as powerful as he was when he showed you his gratitude. "Anyway pal, where's this girl I've heard about?" Clark asked.

Kara beamed at Jordan with a teasing smirk "Girl, huh?"

Hal shook his head as he and Clark released their handshake. "Gardner needs to shut his stupid mouth. She's bringing someone for you to meet."