Chapter Seventeen: The Battle Of The Twin Suns

One of the five Green Lantern contingents sent to canvass Guardian space for signs of General Zod found themselves following a trail of sightings leading into the vicinity of a binary star system; Bogos Qin

One of the five Green Lantern contingents sent to canvass Guardian space for signs of General Zod found themselves following a trail of sightings leading into the vicinity of a binary star system; Bogos Qin. Two yellow stars, designated Bogos Qin A and B, danced around each other, permanently within arm's reach of each other but never to touch. The team spread about the half a dozen civilised planets in orbit of this system to conduct their investigation. In command of Contingent 1023 was Mogo, officer of Sector 2261. Each contingent was led by a Lantern with the rank of Warden, the highest attainable position for a field officer. Mogo was one such Warden.

Vell had heard many stories about the legendary Mogo but possessed nothing too detailed about the mighty warrior, soshe was quite excited to meet him.

Once the rogue coalition headed by Hal Jordan left, they had to figure out which contingent Zod was going to take on first. The dispersal of the manhunt teams meant that Zod had to plough into at least one of them before he could blaze a path to Oa, which he most likely knew the location of now since there was so much GL traffic to and from it in recent cycles. A Kryptonian army didn't need to gather intelligence on the enemy, all they needed was to use their incredible enhanced vision and look up into the stars.

John proposed that Zod chose this specific system in Sector 121; the only one in the given range of entry points to Oa with a binary yellow star system. Because of this, the Kryptonians were going to have an incredible advantage. They would havetwice the normal amount of radiation to absorb, and that meant that whatever amounts of their physical energy that the GLs could burn out in a fight would be replenished twice as quickly.

Hal had taken John, Chaselon, and Arisia to intercept and alertthe members of Contingent 1023, leaving Vell, Guy, Archon, Laira, Brin, Bloobert and Katma in sentry positions around the far orbit of Bogos Qin A and B. On one hand, Vell was annoyed that she couldn't stay by his side but was flattered that he trusted her amongst her other GL comrades.

These sentry units were so far apart that they couldn't even see each other without visual assistance from their rings. Vell could see nothing but the blackness of space, the stars that dotted it, and the incredible brightness of the Bogos Qin system that would have blinded her at this range if her ring hadn't provided ocular protection.

"Screw this waitin' around... This sucks." Guy snapped.

Katma was instantaneous with her rebuttal "Patience. There'll be plenty of action to come for all of us."

"Doesn't make sittin' on the bench any easier, lady."

"Shut up before I rip your tongue out, stupid human." Laira jabbed.

Vell snorted in amusement at her comrade's remark as she kept her eyes pinned on her scan data. Kryptonians, due to their immense energy storage capabilities, could register on specialised scanning equipment on the same scale as small suns. It wasn't any harmful type of energy though and most type 1 civilisations hadn't developed the technology to track them yet; that's why Superman is still able to maintain a secret identity. They were easy to detect with Lantern scans, but the tricky part was locating them before they crossed ten light years in ten seconds. They moved like patrons of the speed force in deep space.