key terms

so, if you haven't watched/heard of the bachelor or the bachelorette then these are some key stuff you need to know! i can't think of everything right now but i'll probably continue adding terms!

ROSE CEREMONY : okay, so these are basically eliminations. these happen at the end of each week. after every cocktail party, there is a rose ceremony and the bachelor and the bachelorette have a specific number of roses that they give out. if you get a rose, you're safe. if not, then you're going home.

COCKTAIL PARTY : this is the time you get right before the rose ceremony. everyone gets a little bit of time to talk with the bachelor/bachelorette, which can also help to determine who the roses go to.

ONE-ON-ONE DATE : every week, there will be a specific amount of one-on-one dates. something called a 'date card' will arrive at the mansion and will have one name on it. that name is the person who will be having a themed date for the whole day with the bachelor/bachelorette. getting this date doesn't particularly mean that you are a 'front-runner' but it is so that the bachelor/bachelorette can decide whether they feel like you could possibly be 'the one' for them. at the end of the one-on-one dates, the bachelor/bachelorette decides whether they want to give you a rose. if they do, you're safe and don't have to worry during the rose ceremony that week. if not, you will be sent home immediately.

GROUP DATE : like the name, these are basically dates with many contestants as well as the bachelor/bachelorette. again, getting this date doesn't mean you are a front runner but may mean that the bachelor/bachelorette wants to see whether they would like you around or not. only one person per bachelor/bachelorette gets the group date rose and is safe from eliminations. the others need to wait till the rose ceremony to see if they are safe. there isn't any immediate elimination in the group dates.

TWO-ON-ONE DATE : this is when two people go on a date with the bachelor/bachelorette. at the end of this date, only one person gets the rose and the other has to go home immediately.

sorry if it is confusing and if you have any questions, please ask!