Chapter 3: Satine is Told

Satine was working on a few assignments she had let slide when her holo communicator turned on. She answered it and Padmé Amidala was the one that answered.

"Satine, are you busy?" She asked. Satine looked at the papers on her desk but shook her head. " No, I'm about done with what I was working on and I was just going to wrap it up. Why? " Satine asked.

"The council requests your presence" Padmé answered, averting her gaze from Satine's.

"Alright, I'll be there in a moment" Satine answered. Padmé nodded and ended the call. Satine stared at it for a moment. What could the council possibly need me for? Satine thought as she walked out the door and headed to the Jedi temple.
_______________________________________________________________________

As soon as Satine entered the council chamber, the whole room got quiet. She looked around and saw Mace Windu, Master Yoda, Padmé, Bail Organa, among other Jedi and senators.

"What's going on?" Satine asked as she looked around at everybody present. Every time she tried to make eye contact, they turned their eyes away.

No one answered her. Suddenly, Ahsoka and Anakin walked in, their heads bowed, and tears streaming down their faces. As Satine looked around once again in bewilderment, she noticed that several others that were present were also crying.

"Ahsoka, Anakin, where's Obi Wan?" She asked. Anakin turned away, and Ahsoka sobbed . Satine still didn't understand, but fear gripped her heart. Is he injured? She thought.

Ahsoka walked up to her, tears streaming down her face, and handed Satine a... No! Satine yelled internally. No, no, no! She said as she grabbed Obi Wan's lightsaber.

She held the lightsaber close, cradling it close to her heart. He can't be dead! She thought as she kept on crying.

She remembered his promise clearly "If anything ever happens to me, I'll make sure you get my lightsaber..."

"Is he...?" she asked, unable to choke the last word out.

"I'm so sorry..." Ahsoka said. Satine fell to her knees and began to sob. She felt her heart break, yet she had to know.

"H-how?" Was all she could say through her tears.

Ahsoka sighed, although the tears kept coming. "We were on the way to the meeting, and then suddenly a sniper started shooting at us" she said.

"Obi Wan told me to cover the lower streets, Anakin to flank him on the right, and that he was going to go after the bounty hunter that was attacking us" she said.

"It was all quiet for a moment, and then suddenly we heard him yell out, and he fell from the building" Ahsoka said, tears falling again.

"When I went to check on him, he had a huge blaster shot on his chest, and I knew he was dying" she said.

"H-he made me promise that I would keep an eye on Anakin and that I would give you his lightsaber" she said.

"And then...he...he was gone" she said as she began to sob again.

Satine was numb. She knew he was gone, yet she felt nothing. She didn't feel herself sobbing, didn't feel the people try to comfort her, didn't hear anything.

She didn't even realize when she stood up and left the chamber.

Once she got home, she went straight to her room and closed the door. There, she began to yell and scream.

She threw herself on the bed and wrapped herself in Obi Wan's robe. Cradling his lightsaber close, she began to sob.

How can you be gone, Ben? How could you have been killed like this? This is not the way you should have left Obi Wan. You should have gone down as a hero in battle, not killed on the streets of Coruscant! Oh Obi Wan... She thought.

I love you Obi Wan, and I never got the chance to tell you how much. She said as she continued to sob all night.