Chapter 7: I'm Sorry

"And that's how it happened, Satine" Obi Wan said, finally finishing his explanation.

"You don't have to believe me, and I don't expect you to. But I want you to know the truth, and I wanted you to hear it from me" he said.

Satine looked up at him, thinking for a moment. "I believe you" Satine finally answered.

Obi Wan let out the breath he was holding. He has been afraid that she wouldn't believe him and that she would call him a liar.

"But I still wish that you had told me, Obi Wan. In fact..." She said, smiling mischievously.

"If you want be to forgive you completely, I need you to do something for me" she said, pulling herself from Obi Wan and crossing her arms over her chest.

"What do I have to do to earn your forgiveness, your highness?" Obi Wan asked playfully. He smiled despite of himself, because he knew that Satine would get better now that he was here.

"Well..." She said, thinking. Then she smiled. "How about you start with cleaning the chambers?" She asked.

Obi Wan stroked his beard thoughtfully. "Alright" he said, a smile lighting up his face.

Five hours later, he had cleaned the chambers, done the dishes, washed the clothes, fed the cat, made dinner, and had done everything else that needed to be done.

Obi Wan sat down, exhausted. "Anything else?" He asked.

" Well... " Satine started, a smile lighting up her face. "Oh, no. Satine, I swear, if I have to..." That's as far as he got.

Satine kissed him on the lips, catching him by surprise.

Obi Wan stared in shock for a moment, but he then deepened the kiss

Pretty soon, they were kissing each other passionately, and each kiss grew more and more demanding.

Suddenly, they pulled away, afraid to go any further. Satine laid her head on Obi Wan's chest, and stroked his beard.

"Oh, Obi. I love you" she said. Obi Wan smiled.

"I love you too, Satine" he said, bringing a smile to her saddened face.

They cuddled on the couch, silently, but happily. Suddenly, Obi Wan looked outside and saw the sun start to rise.

"Oh no!" Obi Wan said. "What's wrong?" Satine asked. "I'm late for the council briefing!' He answered as he stood up abruptly.

" I'm so sorry, Satine, but I have to go" he said. Before turning around, Satine grabbed his arm.

"Promise you'll come back tonight?" She asked, a twinkle in her eye. "Of course my love" he answered.

" Just don't go out faking your death, alright? " she said, half serious.

"Don't worry, I promise I won't" he said, kissing her once more. "I love you, my dear" he said.

"And I love you, my love" she said , and Obi Wan walked out.

She smiled as she watched him leave, unable to contain her excitement for what night would bring.