Chapter 10: The Aftermath

Obi Wan trudged along the desert, looking for food

Obi Wan trudged along the desert, looking for food. It had been two years since everything had changed.

Two years since the Jedi purge, since the loss of his brother, since the loss of his Duchess and their child.

In only two years, Obi Wan had aged ten. His once vibrant Auburn hair was darker, and had streaks of gray everywhere.

He had bags under his eyes, and brand new scars, both physically and emotionally.

In fact, the only reason he hadn't ended it all had been for the sake of Anakin's son, Luke.

He sighed as he trudged along. Suddenly, he saw a dust storm coming towards him, and he ran to his home.

The storm was faster, though, and soon he was surrounded by dust everywhere.

He crouched behind a rock and covered himself with what was left of his tattered cloak.

He was there for a few minutes, but to him, it seemed like hours. Finally, after it was over, he continued his journey, but this time in darkness.

He got to his humble home later than he had wished, but was thankful that he had been unhurt by the storm.

He closed the door behind him and sighed. He took of his cloak, robes, boots, and gear, leaving him barefoot and shirtless.

He started to shake his head so that the sand in his hair would come loose, but it was to no avail.

He sighed, it seemed like he sighed more these days, as he sunk down into a chair, deep in thought.

Suddenly he heard a noise behind him, and he jumped up, calling his lightsaber and igniting it.

"Who's there?" He said into the darkness. He had forgotten to turn on the lamps when he walked in.

" Someone you might remember" a voice said. A very familiar voice.

"Who are you?" He said. Before the figure could answer, lightning lit up the room, and Obi Wan staggered back.

He dropped his lightsaber and blinked a few times. "It can't be! You...you're dead!" He exclaimed.

The figure walked out of the shadows. "But I'm not, now am I, my shining Jedi?" Satine said.

Obi Wan walked towards her, stumbling along the way. They stood facing each other, unmoving.

Satine held out her arm and placed it on his cheek. He held it there and began to cry.

"Obi...don't cry" she said, embracing him. " I'm so sorry! I was stupid. So stupid. And now I...I was helpless to save you and our child " he said.

Satine gasped. "How did you know know I was with child?" Satine asked, her eyes full of confusion.

"I felt it" he said simply. Satine nodded, tears in her eyes. "He knew it too, that's why he did it" she whispered.

Obi Wan nodded. "How did you survive?" He asked. "After he stabbed me and they took you, they took me to a bacta tank, and a doctor checked on me. But they couldn't save the baby" she said, tears sliding down her cheeks.

He embraced her, her head on his chest, and kissed her forehead. "I love you Satine. Please don't go" he whispered.

She looked up at him. "You still want me?" She asked. "Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?" He said.

" Because I'm scarred, Obi Wan. And I can't satisfy you. And I won't be able to give you children... " she said.

"But I do want you! I'd rather live with you here, like this, than with all my needs and wants satisfied, but without you" he said, tenderly caressing her cheek.

"But you deserve more than this" she said mentioning to herself. "More than me" she said.

Obi Wan shook his head and took her soft, small hands in his own calloused ones.

"I wouldn't want anything more than you, my dear. You are the only one I want, and you are the only one I love" he said.

She tried to say something but was cut off by a kiss so sweet, so beautiful, that it made her forget everything.

When they parted, Obi Wan spoke. "Please stay with me" he whispered.

With tears in her eyes she nodded. "I will" she responded.

Obi Wan broke into a grin, and picked her up, spinning her around.

"I love you" he said. "And I love you" she answered as they spent the rest of the night in bed, together.

One more chapter!!! I'm hoping on getting it up soon, and I'm also hoping that you've liked this story so far. I promise that I'll update as frequently as I can and I hope that you have enjoyed this story. See ya in the grand finale, and May the Force be with you!!