paint

on days like this i paint.

cold, grey, and rainy.

it's the perfect weather for art.

no intense light streaming in through the windows, no want to go outside, no distractions from the outside world.

ding

well, except for him...

shawn: painting today?

i smiled at the screen.

typing...

me: how'd you know?

typing...

shawn: because you're one of those incredible, deep artists who paint when it's gloomy outside because is the perfect time to, yanno, be creative

i can hear his weird hipster voice through the screen.

typing...

me: aaaand...there's no distractions. well, except for you.

typing...

shawn: well......instead of me distracting you via the incredible deceive called the cell phone..maybe i can come over and really distract you

i bit my lip as i read his message.

the things he does to me...

typing...

me: fine. you can watch, but   n o   distractions until i'm done.

typing...

shawn: deal

                              ***

the paint easily smoothed against the surface of the rough canvas as i dragged the brush across.

the colours blended so seamlessly creating hundreds of different colours within the painting.  

immersed in what i was doing, i didn't realize a naked shawn sprawled out on the couch across my room.

"shawn!" i yelled hiding my face behind the painting to hide my blushing cheeks.

i heard him laugh, "paint me like one of your french models." he stated stretching his arm out behind his head.

i thought for a second.

"oh i'll paint you..." i said quietly before grabbing a large paint can that was beside me and pouring the blue onto his perfect body.

"ohhh, you didn't just do that..." shawn said with wide eyes.

i laughed and backed away slowly.

shawn launched up from the couch and grabbed a can of paint in one swoop before tossing the paint on my body, drenching my shirt and bare legs in red paint.

"okay, i deserved that..." i said laughing.

shawn walked over to me and stood in front of me.

my laughing stopped and silence fell between us.

shawn's eyes were glued on me as he steeped closer and placed his paint covered hands on my waist.