Chapter Three

[Sierra's POV]

It was 6 o'clock and Sierra was supposed to be ready by 7 for Ramin to come over. Although she wasn't sure if they were staying at her place or going out somewhere. Wait... Was this a date? Suddenly she became flustered and had to rethink her whole outfit.

30 minutes later she finally decided on a casual pair of nice navy blue jeans and a tight, but not too tight, white shirt along with some converse. It was casual and if they went out for a walk she'd be fine and if they stayed inside she would also be fine.

After putting her hair up into a somewhat messy bun, she checked over her make up and everything. Oh gosh she was so anxious. Finally the time came, her doorbell rang and she took a deep breath while staring into the mirror. "Just relax, it's not a date. You're going as friends, you've known each other for one day Sierra. Just calm down and be yourself." She whispered the words to herself before leaving the bathroom and bounding to the door.

As she flung the door open, she instantly noticed Ramin's hair was nicely combed and he was wearing a white shirt, dark blue jeans and converse with a leather jacket. Besides the jacket they were matching clothes exactly.

"Really? A white shirt, dark jeans and converse for our nice night out, Sierra?" Ramin teased with a crooked smile. She rolled her eyes and slapped him hard on the shoulder.

"Ow! Hey, you didn't have to hit me so hard!" He chuckled and Sierra couldn't suppress her laughter. Composing himself, Ramin held his arm out into the hallway and held his other arm out to Sierra. "Shall we go?"

Sierra looped her arm through his and closed the door behind her, making sure it was locked before they left her apartment building.

Why wouldn't her heart stop beating so much? This wasn't a date... Well, it sort of is a date. They were matching, they were linking arms, he was taking her out somewhere. Of course this is a date!

Sierra looked up at Ramin's still smiling face and the perfect dimples he had as they walked out onto the street. Instantly the late fall air smacked into her like a brick wall. A shiver went up her spine and she could feel the hairs on her neck stand on end. No wonder Ramin was wearing that leather jacket.

"Are you alright? You can't have my jacket if you want it." Ramin started to pull his arm away to take off his jacket but Sierra didn't want that. It'd inconvenience him and he would be cold and then they couldn't keep their arms that way while he took off the jacket.

"No no no! It's fine! Keep your jacket! I'm fine, really!" Her arm tightened around his a bit and she could see his eyebrows furrow. They stayed in place and Ramin shook his head and scoffed.

"Sierra, I'm not letting you freeze out here. Just take my jacket, it's ok." He tried to move his arm away again but Sierra insistently kept hers looped in his and gave him a pleading look.

"Ramin, please. I'm really fine. I'll warm up once we get to-" she stopped and realized she had no idea where they were even going. "Um, where are we headed?"

A smile tugged at the corner of Ramin's lips in a mischievous way. "You'll see once we're there." Sierra started to walk again but Ramin pulled her back. "Which is why you should wear my coat."

"Ramin, even if you give it to me I won't wear it! Keep your jacket, I'm fine. I live in New York and go out in the winter all the time, I'll be perfectly fine." Sierra tried giving Ramin a convincing look, although it probably came off more sassy and weak than it meant to.

"But-"

"No buts! Keep walking Karimloo!" She used his last name jokingly, holding it out and pointing forward. Ramin rolled his eyes and reluctantly kept walking with his leather jacket still on his shoulders.