Chapter Nineteen

[Sierra's POV]

There was less than a week before previews were set to open, and it was exciting. After all the work everybody put in, they would finally debut the show. Sierra was also a little under the weather... But the show must go on! A slight fever and a little congestion with occasionally coughing or sneezing wasn't serious! So she went to the theatre, all bundled up in her hat, scarf, gloves and of course a jacket. It was a relief to get inside, except she still felt a chill in the building.

She stripped off her hat and gloves, leaving her coat and scarf on since they were cozy. Just as she was finally getting close to her dressing room, she spotted Tam walking towards her. A subtle smile appeared before she spotted someone else coming from another direction. Of course it was Ramin. Not completely sure which to greet first, she just waved and they both seemed to be unaware of the other male. They both also happened to be caring two coffee cups. Wait... They both had two. And they were both walking towards her. Sierra started to get a bit anxious, but that was dumb. So what if they both got her coffee? She would just drink them both, no biggie.

"Good morning beautiful." Tam grinned as he handed her the coffee and kissed the top of her head.

"Morning handsome." She responded, looking at the coffee before glancing towards Ramin. He seemed to have slowed down when only a few feet from them. The potential of an awkward situation sky rocketed. Just look at Tam, maybe Ramin wasn't actually going to come up to her. "How did things go with your famil- Achoo!" Sierra sneezed into her elbow. Oh no, Tam might be able to figure out she was sick. Then he would definitely force her to go home.

"Are you alright, Sierra? You're not sick are you?" Tam instantly had a look of concern wash over him. But she didn't want to trouble anybody. They were so close to opening for previews, she couldn't make things more complicated and troublesome than they already were.

"N-no! No, I'm fine! It must just be allergies or dust, I'm not si-sic- ACHOO!" Sierra ended up sneezing into her scarf, trying to keep part of her face hidden. Why? Because she couldn't even hide a sneeze, and it was embarrassing.

Another person joined the fray and he too was concerned. "Sierra are you alright?" Ramin's voice made her look to her right, scanning over his face before looking to the coffee cups again.

"I'm fine! Perfectly fine! I swear I just, I um..." Sierra was reaching out for anything to change the subject. Just so she could get into her dressing room and take something for her cold. Er uh, not her cold her uh... Just her spontaneous sneezing. Without much time to think she just blurted out what came to mind. "So two coffee cups Ramin? You really need that much?" She laughed softly in a rather awkward manner.

The look on Ramin and Tam's faces informed her that she wasn't doing a good job at change the subject. However Ramin seemed to roll with her random and awkward dialogue. "Oh uh... No this is for uh," he glanced around them and his face brightened up for a second, "Summer! Yeah, I got it for Summer!" His lips molded into a smile as he lifted an arm towards the said woman's direction. "Excuse me. Summer!" He called out to their friend before abruptly taking off towards her.

"Oh, uh bye...?" Sierra looked over her shoulder as Ramin scrambled over to Summer. That was weird. "I wonder what that was abou-"

"Sierra you're sick." Tam cut her off. Turning to see him face to face, she realized how worried he really was. Oh no... She hated it when he looked like that. It was endearing, but saddening as well.

"Tam, it's nothing I can't still-"

"Sierra," Tam wrapped his arm around her, enveloping her in a gentle hug, "I'll take you home. You need rest." Sierra was taken aback at first. It was heartwarming. A blush slowly crept up her face as she let her face sink into her partner's chest.