Chapter Seven

~ One month later ~

A whole month past by since that night at the club where everybody had lost Ramin. Don't fret, they discovered him at rehearsals the next day with a killer headache and dished out some major scolding. Everything Ramin had mentioned to Hadley never left that room, but sadly his feelings didn't stay there too. He wished... Instead they kept building up and snowballing. Little did he know that the girl he was dreaming of felt the same way. But she was trying to move on from those escalating feelings, by dating Tam Mutu. It distracted her and she slowly found herself starting to take a special liking to him as well. Yet neither Ramin or Sierra changed their daily habits of talking and hanging out and teasing one another. If anything they became more comfortable with it and it was natural for those around them as well. Tam didn't even see Ramin as a threat, he saw him as a brother to Sierra. But Christmas is nearly upon them and Love Never Dies is set to start in two months for previews.

[Sierra's POV]

At rehearsals they had been going through songs and bits towards the end of Act II since everything else was mostly figured out with singing and practicing and some of the blocking. As of lately she got to see Joseph Millson and Ramin beautifully act out Devil Take the Hindmost. Both of their voices were amazing and every time Ramin opened his mouth she felt uplifted and empowered.

Today it seemed like they needed to run through some earlier scenes and songs just to check and make sure everything was still fine. So it was announced that Sierra and Ramin would be working on 'Til I Hear You Sing, Once Upon Another Time and Beneath A Moonless Sky.

As Ramin readied himself for his solo song, without the blocking and acting out this time though, Sierra watched from off to the side. Just before her closest friend was about to sing, Tam came up to her from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist. She sighed in contentment and leaned her head back against his shoulder, but her attention was recaptured by Ramin as his voice crept into her ear.

She was so lost, so helpless, wandering in her mind like a child as he sang. Every word served to breath the flame inside her to life. But the flame dimmed as Tam whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek. Instead of the flame there seemed to be electricity or some spark going through her. She couldn't tell which one was better, but she knew the flame brought her comfort in a way the spark didn't. It made her feel safe, like no one would harm her. The song was nearing the end anyways, but she was disappointed to be drawn out of her pure enjoyment of the song, his voice, his music.

"So, I was thinking we could go to that new Italian place tonight after rehearsal." Tam said softly just as Ramin finished. Sierra turned around and planted a quick kiss on his lips.

"I'd love to." Before she knew it her name was being called and she gave Tam another kiss before joining Ramin to sing Once Upon Another Time.

Ramin smiled at her and grabbed her hand for a while as the music began, slowly letting go as they had to take their places across from each other.

"Once upon another time
Our story had only begun
You chose to turn the page
And I made choices too

Once upon that other time
We did what we thought must be done
But now we have no choice
We do what we must do"

Sierra and Ramin moved according to stage directions they had learned previously and neither could hide the little half smiles they were giving each other.

"We love
We live
We give what we can give
And take what little we deserve"

Sierra could already feel herself getting caught up in Ramin's voice before he even opened his mouth.