one.

CHAPTER ONE.
( BACK AGAIN? )

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐❛ she looked pale, mysterious; like a lily, drowned under water

❛ she looked pale,
mysterious; like a lily,
drowned under water. ❜
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

THERE HE SAT. Alone, cold, and wet, but at Pop's, nonetheless. His fingers traced along his thick metal ring, chewing on the inside of his lip. He occasionally looked up, expecting to see the blonde from the day before shimmying towards him, but when he didn't see her, he grew disappointed. He looked all around the diner, his mind set on finding one specific person. He spread his legs as he made himself comfortable, preparing himself to wait for her.

She had been rushed to a small booth in the corner of the diner when he had finally spotted her. As she wrote quickly, nodding her head equally as fast to let the customers know she was listening intently, Sweet Pea found himself looking at almost every piece of her. He traced along her skimpy uniform dress, resting at her backside for a moment. When she turned around, Sweet Pea quickly looked away and towards the paper menu resting in front of him, trying not to look suspicious. His cheeks burned slightly as he licked the underlining of his gums.

When he decided enough time had been wasted on looking at the cheap food choices, Sweet Pea looked up. Sage had switched tables, and this time, he could see her face. He took in her pale skin, the blonde tendrils that framed her face, and even the mascara that decorated her lashes. He watched as the light bounced off of her cheap lipgloss, making them shine whenever she smiled hard enough or laughed along at the customer's joke. He noticed the dimples that creased in her skin, right below her eyes, then his attention was brought to the bright hue of her irises as her eyes danced around the paper she was holding, making sure she had written everything correctly.

Sweet Pea caught himself slipping into a trance, and he shook his head subtly. Why was he so interested in looking at her? She was just another pretty girl, nothing more. But why did he feel so different when he looked at her than when he looked at the others?

Sage had finally made her way toward his table when he snapped out of his thoughts. He looked up to see her smiling softly. "Back again?" She asked, brushing a strand of blonde hair from her face. "I got the impression that you didn't necessarily enjoy your last visit."

I did, actually. Mainly because I saw you.

"I'm hungry and this is the only place near my house that's open." He lied through his teeth, keeping his gaze locked on her blues. He could've easily rode to the Whyte Wyrm to snag some good bar food, but he drove fifteen minutes in the pouring rain just to come to Pop's and see Sage again. The girl quirked her lip up slightly. She nodded in understanding.

She sucked in a long breath as she waited for the boy to order. After moments of silence, Sage grew amused. When he didn't say a word for a whole minute, Sage cocked her head to the side, a confused grin plastered on her face.

"I thought you said you were hungry." Sage said, tapping her pen along the corner of the table. Sweet Pea choked on his words. "S—Sorry, uh," he rubbed his face with his hands. He prayed she hadn't seen his blossoming cheeks. "I'll take a vanilla shake."

Sage let out a soft laugh, crinkling her eyes as she did so. "Alright, then." She spun on her heel and was back at his table within two minutes with a large vanilla shake in her hand. She placed it in front of him, but Sweet Pea didn't make an effort to take a sip.

He hated vanilla.

The boy quietly groaned to himself as he realized how stupid he actually was. "Really, Sweet Pea? Vanilla?" He growled to himself, glaring down at the milky beverage. "How fucking stupid..." he trailed off, looking back up to see Sage in the corner of the compact diner, a notepad in her hand already. She wrote down orders so fast Sweet Pea wondered how bad it hurt her hand. He felt his heard thud as he noticed how the girl barely gave him her attention as she worked.

It had been a couple hours of sitting in silence, watching the young waitress, when Sweet Pea looked down at his watch and realized what time it was. He cursed himself for losing track of time, throwing his jacket over his shoulder and slamming a five dollar bill on the table next to the untouched vanilla shake. He walked briskly to the door, slamming it shut as he stepped outside into the chilly, rainy air.

He peered through the window to see Sage by his booth, holding his full milkshake in her hands and her face fogged with a confused expression. Sweet Pea turned on his heel of his boot and propped himself on his now-soaking-wet bike. Turning the keys into the ignition, Sweet Pea roared off into the pouring rain, his mind clouded over with thoughts and flashed pictures of Sage's angelic complexion.