eleven.

CHAPTER ELEVEN.
( DID YOU JUST CALL ME CUTE? )

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐❛ I wasn't born to besoft & quiet

❛ I wasn't born to be
soft & quiet. I was born
to make this world shatter
and shake at my fingertips.❜
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

SAGE PRAYED THAT SHE WAS AT THE RIGHT TRAILER. Shaky knuckles rasped against the door, blurry eyes trailing to the tattered vans that adorned her feet.

She stood there for what felt like hours. She was scared of the silence surrounding her — she didn't want to slip back into the darkest parts of her mind like before. She didn't want to see Kathryn again.

Sage was about to knock for the third time when the door opened harshly, causing a wave of air to blow against Sage's face. In front of her stood Sweet Pea, in all his 6'4 glory, with his raven locks messily curling around his forehead and his shirt missing. He rubbed the tired out of his eyes as he focused on the body in front of him. And as his eyes locked onto Sage's bloodshot ones, he instantly snapped awake.

"Sage? What—"

He was instantly stopped by Sage, who brushed past him and entered his trailer. It was surprisingly... bare.

"You're helping me study. I can't get myself to remember the laws." She lied, covering up the real reason she was there. Without another word, Sweet Pea nodded, watching as the girl looked around his home. "Cute place." She muttered, trailing a finger over the arm of his couch. For a split second, she imagined sitting on it, with Sweet Pea's arm lazily resting over her shoulders.

Sweet Pea rolled his eyes. Sage looked down the small hallway, only noticing one bedroom and a bathroom. Realization spread across her face. "I don't mean to pry, but..."

"They're gone," Sweet Pea interrupted her, already knowing her question. "Been gone for a while now." He noticed the sympathetic look in Sage's eyes, but ignored it.

Sage simply nodded. She slowly walked towards his bedroom door, pushing it open so she could see it fully. Sweet Pea rolled his eyes at Sage's nosiness.

His room was almost empty, except for a rather large bed, a dresser, and a small safe tucked in the far corner. The closet doors were shut, so Sage looked away. "You need some serious redecorating." She joked, looking back at Sweet Pea.

"You didn't come here to discuss room decor," Sweet Pea bit out. "Now sit your cute little ass down. You're not leaving here til you remember all six laws."

"Did you just call me cute?" Sage asked as she sat down onto his bed. Sweet Pea's cheeks blossomed as he looked away.

"Seriously?" He muttered. "That's all you heard from my little pep talk?"