TWO

Lou carried Meagan to the bedroom and she slept with her while Debbie is having deep thoughts at the living room. She's comfortably sitting on the couch as she stares at the urns of Lou and Meagan's adoptive parents.

'What if Danny is really dead?' this worries her. She doesn't know what do to with Meagan right now. She feels that she's incapable of taking care of her niece because if she will, Meg will be a criminal like her, like the rest of the family and she doesn't want that. Debbie wants a quiet and normal life for her niece. That was what Tess also wanted for her daughter.

"Where are you Tess and Danny?" she keeps asking herself. "I really need to find the two of you!" she muttered quite annoyed. This gives her so much stress so she decided to have a warm bath.

-

With her naked body soaked on the warm water in the bathtub, Debbie felt somewhat relieved. She closed her eyes feeling so relaxed when she heard a knock. She knows, it's Lou.

"Come in," she said so calm.

Lou then came in and sat on the bowl.

"What are you doing here?" Debbie asked Lou.

"You let me in," she replied philosophically and Debbie gave her a glare. Lou then took a deep sigh turning so serious, "What's your decision about Meg?"

"I don't want to talk about it right now Lou. Look, I am relaxing here."

"Deb, can you have a heart for your niece?"

"I can't do this!" Deb raised her voice feeling so annoyed as she stood and took the towel to cover her body. "I am not planning to be her mother, okay? She can't stay with me."

"You're just afraid for her to be like you. I know you don't want to just give her all away to strangers. Deb, it's easy. You have money now, live a normal life and Meg is going to be fine."

"I can't Lou. You know that it's part me. This is a disease that can't be cured," Debbie says as she wore a robe.

Lou then shakes her head, dismayed by her confidant, "I hate you," she then walked out of the bathroom and when she did, she noticed that the front door's knob is moving. Lou got a bad feeling so she immediately went back to the bathroom telling Debbie to move fast.

"We need to get outta here," she said almost whispering.

"Why?"

"Just...Follow me," she went out and hurried to Meagan's room. "You carry Meg," Lou told Deb as she follows her. They then went into her secret haven when she was young. She moved the bed and literally opened the wooden floor, she immediately climbed down the small stairs.

"Give me Meg," she orders Debbie and Debbie carefully passed Meg to her. After putting Meg on a bed-like couch inside the hidden room, Lou got her remote and pressed some button and it automatically closed as the bed moves to it's original position.

Suddenly, they heard a bang.

"What was that?" Debbie asked whispering.

"I don't know," Lou replied confused.

They then heard a voice of a man entering the room, "Where are you f*cking Millers?!" Then there was gunshot again.

Debbie immediately walked to Meagan and covered her ears.

When they heard that there's no more sound of intrusion, they took a breath of relief.

"Who are they?" Debbie asked Lou.

"I don't know. I am confused frankly because as far as I know, Mum and Dad are the kindest human beings on this world. But Deb, one thing is clear to me right now, we need to get outta here."