FOUR

When Meagan woke up, she was still looking for her Grannies and somehow Tammy was able to calm her down. The child felt at ease on her arms like there was an instant connection. Definitely her motherly instinct could be the reason why that it was so easy for her to convince Meagan to live in their house.

"I have so many stuffs at home. Big toys, cars, lego house, dolls... anything that you would want..."

"Do... do you have kids?" Meagan asked.

"Yes, if you want playmates, they're absolutely available."

"How many?"

"Two," Tammy smiles. "They're Robin and Cara."

"Are they kind?"

"Of course. Do you want to meet 'em?"
Meagan nods excitedly.

So maybe, the real reason why Meagan wants to live with Tammy is, she wanted playmates. For all these years her Grannies were very protective of her that she seldom goes out to play with the other children in the neighborhood.

After dinner, Tammy went on her way home with Meagan. Meanwhile, Lou and Debbie are at the living room with a map spread on the coffee table.

"Where do you think he is right now?" Lou asked.

"I don't know."

"This is f*cking non-sense."

"I am still thinking, okay?" Debbie said as she taps the table. "Wait... Vegas... he maybe is in Vegas right now."

"How do you know?"

"He loves to gamble."

"So, are we going there now?"

"That is if you're ready."

"I am always ready honey," Lou stood going to a cabinet to get her car key.

"Oh don't call me honey," Debbie complained as she gets her bag on another cabinet.

"So, we're going to travel for one and a half day. Is that okay with you? Or we can drive to Pennsylvania and take a train."

"You know how much I love roadtrips. And besides, Danny loves Vegas so much so probably, he would stay there for as long as he could."

"As you say Ma'am."

"Don't call me Ma'am."

"You don't like honey, you don't like Ma'am, what should I call you?"

"I have my name Lou. Anyway, are you really sure that you can drive? It's nearly ten in the evening and you must be feeling sleepy..."

"You know that I am insomniac, don't you?"

"Because of your bar."

"Did you call Nine Ball about it?"

"Oh yeah and she loves it. She is really interested to manage it."

"She better not mess up," Lou said getting her blazer.

--------------

They are now in Lou's car. Debbie is watching the stars after Lou opened the convertible roof. She knows Debbie loves star gazing.

"What are you thinking?" she asks Debbie.

"Just... what ifs..."

"What kind of what ifs?"

"Did you ever want to... build a family of your own?"

"You know that it's never in my dream."

"'Cause Tammy said after the heist... I need to find something that can make me happy and you know what, when I fell in love, I was happy, it's just that I fell for the wrong person. But being in love was really something that excites me. So maybe, having my own family is..."