SIX

They were feeling awkward as they settle to lie down the bed. Lou is groaning because of her aching back. Debbie felt so uncomfortable so she decided to stand.

Lou looked at her with a why on her face.
"I will not be able to sleep," Deb complains. "Stop making that noise... ugh."

"Why?"

"Because..." she's trying to find some words on her mind then she snaps continuing, "because it is not right."

"What can I do?  My back is aching."

"Wear off your top," she suddenly said and Lou was shut shocked.

"What?  Why?

"Just wear off your top. For goodness sake we're both ladies here. You've seen me naked, right? So what's the big deal?"

"You are so demanding right now." Lou said creasing her forehead sitting up and starting to wear off her shirt revealing her nude strapless bra. Debbie then swallowed a lump on her throat trying to stop some emotions in herself. 'Stop Deb,  she is your friend... just a friend... '

"Then what now?" Lou asked.

"Lie down in a prone position," she orders.

"What are you planning to do to me?"

"I am not gonna sex you up okay? Just trust me."

Lou finds herself following her friend's command and she doesn't even know why. She suddenly felt Debbie's weight on the bed. 

"I'll massage you. I learned this from Tess."

Lou then sighed. Now she gets it.

"I visited her six years ago and she was pregnant at that time with Meagan. I was complaining about my back and she taught me this," Debbie explains as she strokes warm and forceful touches on Lou's back.

"I will unclasp your bra. Is it okay?"

"You're touching me already so it's okay."

"You are really Lou," Debbie smiles and unclasps her bra. She continues to massage her friend and there was silence. The two of them feels an awkward tension that they could not explain. To ease the awkwardness, Lou opened her mouth, "Tell me about Jack."

"Jack? He's an old friend."

"I know about that but did you ever have an intimate relationship with him?"

"Why are you asking me that?"

"Because I am curious. Judging by the way you two looked at each other awhile ago, I thought there's something. I also met him during one of the trials and he said once that you have past. This is something I didn't know about you so I asked."

"Since you're my friend..."

"Oh for f*cks sake stop calling me that way."

"Why? What's wrong with calling you my friend?"