Chapter 3

"Markus, what's wrong?"

His thoughts were cut off by Josh who called on him but he didn't pay him much attention as he slowly got out of the manhole to look around the street and found that it was empty and quiet, it being already late at night.

"I know this place." Markus whispered, mostly to himself.

As the other three got out they surveyed their surroundings and found that it was relatively safe until they heard police sirens not far from where they stood.

"They're probably searching for androids. We need to get out of here." Simon spoke as he looked at the direction of where the sirens were coming from.

"We're not exactly on a good route back to Jericho." Josh replied.

"We have to go back to the sewers, it's our best bet." Said North as the panic grew inside of her.

Markus heard the three but he couldn't just let this opportunity to pass out.

"Markus, what do we do?" North asked and Markus knew the choice he had to make.

"Follow me."

The three of them quickly followed Markus as he crossed the street and ran to the house that he had been looking at, when they had neared the three stopped as Markus made his way to the front door.

"Markus, where are we going? We can't just walk in there, there are humans inside!" North quickly whispered but Markus didn't stop.

"We can hide here for a bit until the police sirens fade out."

"North is right, Markus." Simon called. "There are humans in there and we could get arrested from trespassing... or worse."

Markus stared at the door and had the choice to either go in or leave, he thought for a while but knew that he had to do this since the opportunity was given to him.

He walked closer to the door and it had opened on its own as if the house had been expecting him.

North, Simon and Josh only stared at him before following him inside, shocked that they were welcomed in since the house looked like it had intense security.

Markus stared at the familiar interior and felt a surge of emotion course through him.

He felt nervous all of the sudden but his attention went to a male android who came from the living room now standing before them.

"Who are you? How did you get in?"

"I need to see Y/n."

The android shook his head.

"Y/n isn't seeing anyone. You need to leave."

Markus came closer to him and placed his hand on his forearm, his skin disappearing at the touch.

"Please. I need to see her."

The android took a moment to respond and processed his new found freedom before looking at Markus and replying.

"She's currently asleep. She's been having reoccurring nightmares lately and this is the first time she is able to rest. I'm not sure if she'll wake up."

Markus walked inside the living room and eyed Y/n's door.

The fact that she's been having nightmares and couldn't sleep sunk in deep and he knew he had to do something to ease her into waking up but what could he possibly do?

He surveyed his surroundings looking for the best way to wake her up and when an idea came into his head he quickly walked to the piano.

-