Chapter 4

Y/n was lost in thought as she sat in one of the couches in the living room.

Markus was alive and that was more than just good but the fact that he was out there risking his life for the freedom of his fellow androids makes her blood run cold.

She knew giving androids their freedom was the right thing to do but the fact that Markus was fighting out there and had a big possibility of getting killed scared her to the core. She's lost him once she can't handle that again.

Y/n stood up and paced around.

There had to be something she could do!

Feeling hopeless and defeated she sat by the window next to the chess board and as she raked her head for ideas her eyes landed on the chess pieces.

Y/n's eyes widened as an idea struck her mind. She stood straight up and ran towards her room in an attempt to put her plans in action.

-------

After coming back to Jericho everything turned into shambles.

Jericho had been attacked and androids were killed left and right. It was a complete slaughter and Markus had to choice but to blow up Jericho.

Only a few hundreds were able to escape and as they all tried to survive they knew and feared that something big was bound to happen.

Markus felt lost, he didn't know what else to do and where else to turn to. He knew he couldn't go and see Y/n now since the chance of being caught was much higher than before, which silently made him thankful that he went and saw her before this all happened but still, he needed somewhere to think.

His thoughts came to his father figure and how he would have rushed over to Carl and asked him for advice but that was impossible.

Still, the thought was nice and since he needed a place to clear his head he decided to do the next best thing: visit Carl's grave.

-

As Markus made his way to the cemetery snow was falling and had covered the path he walked on.

His eyes found Carl's tombstone and he stood in front of it as he paid his respects.

He fell silent for a moment as he let the solemn feeling cross him and when he felt that his thoughts were piling up again he decided to speak.

"I'm lost, Carl... I just wanted us to live in peace, but... everything I touch just turns to dust.

'I'm lost... World's falling apart around me and I'm trying to do the right thing... And I can't find any answers...

"What should I do, Carl? They're killing us... I don't wanna answer violence with violence, but what choice do I have?

"I miss you, Carl... I miss you so much... Y/n does too."

Markus felt himself sway as Y/n's name cane out of his lips.

"I want to do what's right... Not only for me or my people but for Y/n too... She's been so lonely without us and I just don't want to leave her again.

"I want to live in peace with the humans so that I could live with her, so that I could take care of her, but right now it just looks so hard...

"I love her, Carl. I really love her and I want to spend all of my waking days with her, me by her side and no one else.

"I don't know how this will turn out but I promise to do everything that I can for her... I promise to try my best in making her happy. So please... watch over me, watch over us."